Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
tan/brown topside color on late war bombers.
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 09:24:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tan/brown topside color on late war bombers.  (Read 4209 times)
K.Ingraham

« on: February 05, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »

Way back on this site somewhere, I promised that I'd get rolling on that Amodel Yr-2. So I am.  Grin
Such modeling time that I've had in the last couple years I've spent working on projects that were languishing on the Shelf of Doom. Now that that shelf has room, I decided to begin this wee bomber.

Most options for this kit seem to involve green/brown(tan?) topside camo. A niggling question that I've had for awhile is about that brownish color. What is it? What is it called & what are the matches?Is it that grey-tan tome seen on latewar IL-2 tri-color schemes? Should this Yr be in a tri-color scheme?
What have I missed around here? Enlightenment please!

Thank you.
learstang

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 02:13:49 AM »

Kevin, this might help - it's the link to what Massimo has found out about the subject - http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/Yer-2/Yer-2camo/yer-2camo.htm

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:07:13 AM »

%$#%$*^%??? How'd I miss that? I thought I knew this site??

Thanks Jason, tri-color 1 will be my plane.  Now, about that grey-tan, is there any accepted wisdom?

Gee, if we can't trust the kit's instruction sheets, what can we have faith in?  Grin
learstang

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »

No problem about missing it, Kevin!  As far as the tan, it's good, old AMT-1, for which I use Testors Model Master Afrika Dunkelgrau '42 (I know it's an armour colour, but it's about as close as I can get to this tricky colour using Testors, and I prefer to stick to my tried and true Testors flat enamels).  I know what you mean about VVS kit instructions - why bother when it comes to the schemes?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »

Hi,
I'm happy if this page could be useful to someone. Please keep us informed about your model.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: