Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yakovlev Yak-9T 1/48 ICM
Sovietwarplanes
April 28, 2024, 10:59:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakovlev Yak-9T 1/48 ICM  (Read 6657 times)
Ohotnyik

« on: February 07, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »

Hello
I started this kit because of the argument about the AMT11-12, it was made purely for studying color schemes.
I brightened the original AKAN colors with adding 20% white to them, than based on this is mixed the colors from Gunze Hobby Color.
It was never my intention to make a perfect model, but since I finished with this I might as well make it public.
This kit unfortunately didn?t worth more effort from my part, I could list the basic errors, but we all knew them.
I honestly hope, that there will be a company to make a correct family of Jak-9-s, because there are some truly beautiful paintings for this type.

There is some kine of dirt on the surface, because the masking ripped off the paint.

This is why I completly cleaned it:

I applied the new painting.

With decals:

Well the lion up close, is more like a bear.

The victory markings according to the photos were red. so I painted it :

I repainted the lion as well :

This is the end of it:

Istv?n
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »

Hi Istvan,
thank you for sharing the photos of this model. Did you use a vacuformed canopy?
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »

Hello
I started this kit because of the argument about the AMT11-12, it was made purely for studying color schemes.
I brightened the original AKAN colors with adding 20% white to them, than based on this is mixed the colors from Gunze Hobby Color.
It was never my intention to make a perfect model, but since I finished with this I might as well make it public.
This kit unfortunately didn’t worth more effort from my part, I could list the basic errors, but we all knew them.
I honestly hope, that there will be a company to make a correct family of Jak-9-s, because there are some truly beautiful paintings for this type.

Good work, Istv?n! This is funny - I started building the ICM/Alanger 1/72 Yak-9 for almost exactly the same reason - to experiment with paint and different kinds of filler. The trouble is, I got too interested in correcting all its errors and adding extra details, so now it has become a much bigger project than I planned! You are absolutely right - we very badly need a correct family of Yak-9's, in both 1/48 and (especially!) 1/72. I keep posting this comment on other forums (I'm afraid people are getting tired of reading it!); maybe we'll get our wishes some day!

Cheers!
John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »

Very nice work indeed, Istvan!  It's nice to see a Yak model in the correct colours, whatever the inaccuracies of the kit may be.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pascal

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

I like your Yak-9T very much. The colours seem to be nice, and so I'll paint my La-7 with the Akan too.

Pascal

Ohotnyik

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:54 AM »

Thank you guys !

Massimo, yes it is a canopy made by Falcon, the original was so ugly I could not bare to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: