Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Palanadine's GPW model list
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Palanadine's GPW model list  (Read 10627 times)
Palanadine

« on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »

Good evening to all!

I would like to post my prospective model list of fighters, attack and bomber aircraft of the VVS during the GPW, as well as scale and respective model i plan to build.

What i would really appreciate, is a heads up if i missed any aircraft, suggestion of which company's model to aim for, as well as advice on the accuracy of the already chosen ones!  Smiley

So here goes (in green the kits i already have, in brown those that i have spotted and awaiting purchace):

*Fighters, 1/48 :

. LaGG-3              ICM
. La-5FN              Zvezda
. La-7                  Eduard
. MiG -3 Late        Trumpeter + Ark Models
. I-15                  Special Hobby
. I-152                Special Hobby
. I-153                AMG
. I-16                  Eduard + Hobby Craft
. Pe-3                 Special Hobby
. Yak-1                Modelsvit
. Yak-3                Eduard
. Yak-7               Huh
. Yak-9               Huh
. Hurricane MkII    Huh
. Mustang MkI       Accurate Miniatures
. Spitfire Mk.Vb     Tamiya
. P-39N                Eduard
. P-40N                Hasegawa
. P-47D                Tamiya
. P-63                 Huh

*Attack, 1/48 :

. A-20 Havoc        Italeri
. Il-2                   Italeri
. Il-10                 Special Hobby
. Po-/U-2             Huh
. Su-2                 (upcoming Zvezda kit)

*Bombers, 1/72 :

. Ar-2                 A Model
. Il DB-3              Huh
. Il-4                   Zvezda
. Pe-2                 UM + Zvezda
. Pe-8                 Zvezda
. Tu-2                 ICM
. Tu-SB2Μ           ICM
. Yak-2               A Model
. Yak-4               A Model
. Yer-2               A Model
. Β-25                 Hasegawa

Questions are:

1) About the Pe-3, i was looking at a review of them (and the Pe-2) here: http://www.internetmodeler.com/1999/june/first-looks/zlinek_pe-2-3.htm . Having never heard of Zlinek, i have to ask if anyone else has, and whether or not it is accurate - and if it is good, how easy is it to get one!

2) Did the Il-10 get to be used against the Nazis before war's end?

That is all (though quite enough i suppose!). Will be very happy for any input and advice, and will be updating this list as new information is received.  Grin

Regards,

Panayotis.

PS: i am mainly interested in aircraft that were mass produced, not prototypes - at least not at this moment.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:39:56 PM by Palanadine » Logged

"We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust the sails."
Tibor Varga

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »

Nice list, I think there will be a dowscale release from hobbyboss/trumpeter of IL-2 from their 1/32 version
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »

Hi Panayotis,
I've the model of Pe-2/3 of Zlinek. It looks accurate in shape and details but undersized.
The Il-10 was utilized in war, often with the same camouflage of Il-2s.
Regards
Massimo
Palanadine

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »

Hi Panayotis,
I've the model of Pe-2/3 of Zlinek. It looks accurate in shape and details but undersized.
The Il-10 was utilized in war, often with the same camouflage of Il-2s.
Regards
Massimo

Bummer... guess i'll use the UM and Zvezda kits for the Pe-2 first (carefully), then create a Pe-3 from what is left.

Great about the Il-10 though, think the Special Hobby will do nicely (if i can get one).

Regards,

Panayotis
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:09:26 PM by Palanadine » Logged

learstang

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »

Panayotis, I can't really help you much on the 1/48th scale (not my scale - I became too much of a collector and never built the kits).  In terms of the 1/72nd scale bombers I think I can help.  Amodel make a nice Ar-2 which I've partially built (don't buy the Pavla kit as it's apparently based on the prototype, complete with turret, which never appeared on the production version).  It's gone together so far without too much problem (the wings and the tailplanes).  The wing trailing edges are rather thick, so you'll probably want to sand them down.  I have to say that this model has the most amazing surface detail I've ever seen in 1/72nd scale - it looks like every panel line, raised surface, overlapping panels, and rivets have been reproduced.  The result is a surface that's not a smooth as you might be used to, but probably much more like a real aircraft than other kits.  For the Tu-2 I have the ICM kit - like many ICM kits, it has nice detail and moulding, but it looks over-engineered.  Still, with a little bit of patience, I suspect it'll build into a nice-looking Tu-2.  For the B-25, it depends on which version you're doing.  I have the Hasegawa glass-nose B-25J, and it's a very nice kit, the kit I bought even having the Soviet markings.  For earlier versions I have no recommendations.  Do Eduard do the U-2/Po-2?  I have the old KP kit, and it's not a bad kit, and supposedly ICM are going to come out with one this year but I hadn't heard about the Eduard kit.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
mbittner

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:47:25 AM »

*Bombers, 1/72 :

. Ar-2
. Yer-2          A Model

There was another Yer-2 made by a company that was vac and resin which has the offset canopy.

. Il-4             Zvezda
. Pe-2           UM + Zvezda
. Pe-8           Zvezda
. Po-/U-2       Eduard

Eduard did not do this in 1/72; in 1/48, yes (as Flashback, I think). Look to KP or Alpha until the ICM kit comes out.

. Tu-2

As was already mentioned, ICM.

. Tu-SB

Again, ICM.

. Yak-2/4       A Model
. Β-25           

Hasegawa.

Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »

Hi,
is there a Po-2 of Eduard? Really?
Regards
Massimo
Palanadine

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »

mbittner, you are absolutely right, it was indeed on 1:48 scale, not 1:72 (/me facepalms...  Embarrassed ) !

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/edu/kit_edu_1112.shtml

Which does beg the question however, do i 'name' it an attack plane and file it under that list, or keep it as a bomber and search/ wait for a good 72er?  Huh

Also, i think the vac Yer-2 model is (most likely) from a company called Legion: http://www.internetmodeler.com/2001/may/first-looks/Legion_ER2.htm

Thanks for the replies so far guys, would also like it very much if you find any a/c missing from the list!

Regards,

Panayotis
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:09:45 PM by Palanadine » Logged

Pascal

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »

Panayotis,

For fighters 1/48, I suggest:

La-5 and La-5FN (Zvezda)
Yak-1 (South Front) and Yak-1b (Modelsvit)
Yak-9 (LTD, much more accurate than ICM)

If it can help...

Regards,

Pascal

Palanadine

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »

Panayotis,

For fighters 1/48, I suggest:

La-5 and La-5FN (Zvezda)
Yak-1 (South Front) and Yak-1b (Modelsvit)
Yak-9 (LTD, much more accurate than ICM)

If it can help...

Regards,

Pascal

Every info helps, whether it is about a kit to go for or a kit to avoid! Thank mate!

Regards,

Panayotis

Palanadine

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »

Good evening everyone

Almost got the list completed, looks like attackers and bombers are all accounted for thank you for your input so far!  Smiley

Was checking out some kits, and realized i didn't have a candidate for the LaGG-3. Was checking ICM's offering : http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=4996 , as well as the South Front one:  http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=2025 .

Which one is more accurate in shape and detail? The South Front one does seem a bit heavy on the details, and i have already found a boxing of ICM's kit at a friend's hobby store.

And before i forget, what about ICM's Yak-7 (in 1/48 scale always)? Never mind, just dug up the relevant site: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/yak179/yaks-matvienko/yaks-matvienko.htm   Wink
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:27:06 PM by Palanadine » Logged

Palanadine

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »

Good evening comrades!

List is almost complete, will soon start building - finally!

What little remains is:

- which Hasegawa kit is the best for representing a soviet B-25 in 1/72th scale?

- which company makes a good Hurricane Mk.II in 1/48th scale?

Regards,

Panayotis

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: