Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Wheel well color for La-5 and -7
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 09:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel well color for La-5 and -7  (Read 5419 times)
Palanadine

« on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »

Since i plan to build them, plus a friend of mine already building the La-7 is asking, what color should we paint the wheel wells of these aircraft?

Same as underside color (AMT-7), or same color as the cockpit? Or both colors were used?

Regards,

Panayotis

"We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust the sails."
Pascal

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:30:12 PM »

Hi!

I guess the wheel wells were paint with A-14 grey, as the cockpit and the whole inside parts of the plane .

Regards,

Pascal

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »

Hi, photos often show them dark, so A-14 is a fair guess. Sometimes the legs are of a lighter color, possibly aluminium or light grey.  About the wheel hubs, I don't know if they are grey, or green as on other types.
Regards
Massimo
Palanadine

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »

A bit confused here. The La-7 became operational sometime around early 1944.

According to this: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/colors/color-table.html , A-14 was indeed aircraft interior color since 1930.

Further down however, it shows another color, DD-118 grey as used for aircraft interiors after 194.

Is it a case of both being a correct choice for this plane?

Regards,

Panayotis

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »

Hi Panayotis, DD-118 was for wooden parts. For what I know, its shade is not too different from A-14.
Regards
Massimo
Palanadine

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »

Hi Panayotis, DD-118 was for wooden parts. For what I know, its shade is not too different from A-14.
Regards
Massimo

Excellent, thank you very much Massimo and Pascal!

Regards,

Panayotis

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: