Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
FS: new IL-2 book
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:09:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: new IL-2 book  (Read 6113 times)
pobeditel

« on: May 28, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »

Hi all!
I offer new fine book:

316. Legendary Il-2. Yauza Kollektsia Eksmo Edition, Moscow 2012. Size: 263x205x16 mm; hard laminated cover, 160 pages, plenty of rare b&w photos, drawings, pictures from manuals. High quality rare photos, the book for the first time out on chalk overlay paper of the highest quality.

Price US$45.00 including shipping via air mail.

To get detailed information write please to me.

Payment via PayPal or IMO to my Canadian friend.

I offer Russian aviation literature - full list in English include 316 items!
I offer also archive photos, model kits and accessoires.
Best regards
Viktor Kulikov
Moscow, RUSSIA
learstang

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:56:21 AM »

Zdrasvootyeh, Viktor!  Nice to see you on the site.  I'm compiling a list of archival photographs of yours I'm interested in, but I'll e-mail those to you.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »

You can buy from Victor with absolute confidence. I've done so several times. Good guy.
pobeditel

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »

Hi Janson,

In my collection of thousands of photos, but no full list.
What aircraft types are interesting in?
I can send you photos for preview.

For detailed information please  e-mail me directly at: viktor_kulikov@mail.ru

Best regards
Viktor Kulikov
Moscow, RUSSIA
learstang

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »

Hi Janson,

In my collection of thousands of photos, but no full list.
What aircraft types are interesting in?
I can send you photos for preview.

For detailed information please  e-mail me directly at: viktor_kulikov@mail.ru

Best regards
Viktor Kulikov
Moscow, RUSSIA

Actually Viktor, you have already sent me your IL-2 photographs.  I just need to tell you which ones I'd like to include in the book, and make arrangements for payment.  I'll let you know by e-mail.  Thank you!

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »

New book is actually a third edition of Oleg Rastrenin's 2008 book "Shturmovik Il-2, Flying Tank"

The same book was published again in 2008/2009 with different covers and slightly different title "Shturmovik Il-2, Flying Tank, Black Death"

First two editions were printed on regular stock white paper so that photos were too contrast and a lot of detail was lost.  Only colour profiles and selected photos were printed on glossy paper as a dozen page insert.  Both editions were sold out long time ago.
Third edition books are printed completely on the glossy paper and that's why publisher is promising high quality photo reproduction.

Rastrenin's book is still the best source of information about Il-2. New edition is a great opportunity for those who missed earlier editions. 
learstang

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »

Thank you for the clarification, Konstantin!  I was wondering about that.  I have copies of both the earlier books.  Do you know if this new edition contains any new information/photos/drawings?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

Thank you for the clarification, Konstantin!  I was wondering about that.  I have copies of both the earlier books.  Do you know if this new edition contains any new information/photos/drawings?

I only have the first edition book.  Second edition was identical to the first edition, only different covers (can you confirm this?).  All three editions are listed as 160 pages, same format.  My guess is no new information - only glossy paper and better printing throughout the book.

Cheers,
KL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: