Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tupolev SB 2M-100A Finnish Air Force
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 08:10:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tupolev SB 2M-100A Finnish Air Force  (Read 5273 times)
AnttiL

« on: June 13, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »

I built this model five years ago, when ICM released their SB -kit in scale 1/72.
Model represents the Finnish Air Force aircraft VP-8, which was used for maritime-patrol.
It was captured in winter war and it was the only SB 2M-100A-type used in Finnish Air Force.
The rudder carries three ship sinking markings with dates 22. (2000 tonnage), 24. (2500 tn) and 25. (4000 tn) July.
It belonged to 2/LLv.6 (second flight of 6. Flight Squadron)
It was later modified to USB training aircraft.

I made some detailing from scratch, there wasn't any photo etches or resin detail sets available at that time.
The kit was quite nice with fine surface details, but the fuselage and wing joints needed lots of filling and sanding.

learstang

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:10:31 AM »

Beautifully done SB!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 07:22:44 AM »

Hi Antti,
beautiful model indeed. I have one SB still to build and perhaps I'll buy some more because I like this type, but I see that it's more difficult than I hoped. Well, ICM never had the fame to be easy to build.
You made an excellent work on the internal details too. Have you utilized vacuformed canopies?
I've still to decide what to do with my Novo kit and my Czech MPM ones. Maybe a kitbashing to build a SB-2M-103 with tunnel cooler?
Regards
Massimo
Papertiger59

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »

A great build !!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: