Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lease Hawker Hurricane Instruments???
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:31:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lease Hawker Hurricane Instruments???  (Read 8249 times)
ReDsTaR

« on: April 07, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »

Hi all,
i have a question about the Russian Hawker Hurricanes.
Were in the Russian Hawker Hurricanes the instrumentation changed and equipped with Russian instruments???
Thanks!
Regards
Hendrik
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:21:42 AM »

Hi Hendrik,
I don't know it for sure, but I think they were unchanged. Maybe they made notes in Russian aside some instruments.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »

Hi Hendrik! I'm guessing here, but I think that anyone smart enough and well-trained enough to fly a WWII fighter aircraft, knowing that his safety depends on understanding his instruments, would learn and remember very quickly the function of the relatively simple instrumentation of those days, regardless of what language they were marked in.

John
ReDsTaR

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:22:59 PM »

Hi John and Massimo,
it?s correct,i have found a Pic from a Russian leased Hurricane and the Instrument Panel is original British,only any Switches would be changed from the Russians.
I never stop learning Wink.
if it is of interest to other,i can adjust the Pic!?
Thank you again John and Massimo!
Regards
Hendrik

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »

Hi Hendrik,
please do.
Regards
Massimo
ReDsTaR

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

Hi Massimo,
sorry for the delay,but here is the Link!!!

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/DETAILSITE/UK/hurricane/z2768/hurri_z2768.htm

Regards
Hendrik
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »

Good page indeed. The description of the modifications to the armament looks interesting, and the photos are good. Are they restoring the wooden parts of the plane?
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »

Good page indeed. The description of the modifications to the armament looks interesting, and the photos are good. Are they restoring the wooden parts of the plane?
Regards
Massimo

Hi

Mmm, Hurricanes...

Note there appear to be two firing buttons on the contorl column. The black one with twisted red/black wires look like an addition. Interesting.

I posted drawings of the changed armamanet in another thread, and contacted the restorers of AM274
http://www.jneaircraftrestoration.com/AM274/AM274.html

who kindly sent me photos of the Soviet gun bay addtions... minus the guns.   I should make furthe efforts to see if pics exit of the gun bays with weapons...

One final point, UBT = the T stands for Turret,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berezin_UB
Continued development resulted in the improved UB which came in three versions: UBK (Kрыльевой, Krylyevoi, for the wings), UBS (Синхронный, Sinkhronniy, Synchronized), and UBT (Турельный, Turelniy, for the turret), with UBS and UBK charged by compressed air.

would not UBK be the more likely version added?

T
learstang

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 06:08:18 PM »

Troy, it should be the UBK, not the UBT.  Interesting photograph - you can clearly see the wooden upper cockpit decking.  I wonder if they intend to restore this as a Soviet version (please not in Battle of Britain colours!).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 06:10:39 PM »

Ah - I just got my answer.  They do intend to restore it as a Soviet Hurricane.  Good for them!  Za Rodinu!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
AC26

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Wooden parts of the canopy area of this plane (as well as the red/grey trim? wheel) were re-done in Russia before this plane was moved for sale into Finland. I saw it in the same condition as in these pictures then. Outer wings were at that time missing or at least not visible.

Greetings,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »

Thank you AaCee,
In Finland? If I don't miss, Finns have already one of their Hurricanes with original colors in the museum of Helsinki.
I hope that the restoration work will be completed soon, and we'll see a real Soviet Hurricane.

Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: