Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-16 coded "91"
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I-16 coded "91"  (Read 30949 times)
xan

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »

your answer is very clear thank you.

In your opinion in witch colour are panted the I-16 in the factory ? they seem to be i, AII aluminium but it's a non sens in this period...
Xan

KL

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:50 PM »

Some information about 728 iap is published in Osprey's "Polikarpov Aces" by M. Maslov.
It confirms what we have previously seen about old I-16 types, long ailerons, RS-82s and 728 iap aces:

There was some misscommunication between the author and profile artist, so the book ended with misslabeled/missidentified profiles:

Badger150

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »

thank you Konstantin for yours research and answer

now I know what I have to do :repaint the lower surfaces in AMT 7 and the upper in AMT 4 with AMT 6..not too much complicated
but I'll not modify the wings now

sorry my plane will not historically be faithful but I'll not make another so original decoration
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »

Hi all,
I think that the black-green camouflage, under the white winter layer, should be similar to this:

I can't guarantee that it's right, but it's likely on the base of the images that I've shown.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 11:41:07 PM »

For reference:
Prescribed pattern, June 1941

Sept 1941

Before March 1942

Approx May 1942

Massimo?s suggestion is very good, IMHO for No 91 it should be slightly modified:
-Black field on cockpit side is absent
-Black semi-disc under number 91 is very faint, maybe not even black.

This plane may have had originally mid-fuselage black fields as Massimo suggests; but with large red star behind the cockpit and number under cockpit doors.  All this was repainted in green and new number 91 was painted behind the cockpit.

On tail surfaces, only black fields are overpainted with white washable paint, green was left as is.  Maybe the wings were overpainted the same way (?white over black only?)?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »

Hi Konstantin, hi all,
this is where I think to see the black and green parts on the photo, and are consistent enough with the scheme traced on the Yak-1. There are uncertainties on the contours of the small dot on the fuselage, perhaps due to repaintings.
Regards
Massimo
Badger150

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »

Hi everybody

Massimo’s suggestion is very good,

Yes it's also my opinion! very good job indeed!

Hi Konstantin, hi all,

this is where I think to see the black and green parts on the photo,

Yes Massimo i see like you!
very good job too!

regards

patrick

KL

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »

Fuselage star was standard before the war and in 1941 black-green scheme.  I-16s made between 1939 and 1941 had factory painted red stars.  From Photographic evidence it is obvious that many (not all!) overhauled I-16s had fuselage star, sometimes oversized.

IMHO, area behind the cockpit is overpainted in green.  At least part of black semi-circle is overpainted or it is visible through green paint.

KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »

Hi,
it's possible that there was a star and was repainted with camo colors. There is a light triangle over a corner of the 9 suggesting the tip of a deleted star.
Regards
Massimo
Badger150

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »

Hi everybody

i have painted the black-green camouflage with white overpaint(just for fun at the beginning),

but i'm not satisfied with the under surfaces repainted in AMT7, so i decided to redo all the paint Embarrassed

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »

Hi Badger,
what a pity, it looked nice on the photos.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »

Hi Badger,
nice I-16  Smiley

IMHO black shuld be darker!

This LaGG-3 fragment is dusty, but lower part will give you an idea...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »

Hi,
if I don't miss, they have put a print of my image of MiG-3 red 1 on the wreck on the background.
Regards
Massimo
Badger150

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »

Hello

Having redone completely the paint, I am in the final straight and the end is close but it stays some more of work of weathering before the assembly of the puzzle

I tested the technique of the lacquer for hair for the wear of the white distemper on wings? the first one for me and I admit that the result pleases me well

The implementation is relatively simple: 2 layers of lacquer which I let dry approximately 20 minutes before spraying of the matt white HUmbrol ?namel?a small break the time to clean completely the a?ro (approximately 15 minutes).. then with an old brush hairs of which were shortened way crew cut we work the surface delicately with some warm water until remove the layer of white

hope you agree with the result
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »

Hi Badger,
very good looking work, I hope to see it completed soon.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: