Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM Tu-2 under construction
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:20:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM Tu-2 under construction  (Read 15012 times)
learstang

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »

Nsmekanik, to me the Humbrol 94 looks like a good match for AMT-1/A-21.  The Humbrol 65 looks good for the undersides blue, and I actually now use MM Interior Green for my AMT-4 Green.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »

Hi Jason,
seeing a real chip. 65 is too light and greenish for AMT-7, but I have to say that the real shade of the A-28m utilized for all-metal planes is unknown. The alboom nakrasok shows it comparable to the British Sky, but it's believed that the chips has turned yellow. How much yellow, I can't say. However I've never seen such a greenish shade on wrecks. So, 65 could also be an acceptable guess.
Regards
Massimo
nsmekanik

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »

Hi Massimo, I was just doing a bit of researching and I came across this thread, http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=175255&st=240 , which I have read before and forgot about, and I think that Mr.Orlov makes a good point, most likely A-28m would be close to AMT-7 when new.

A28m color.
Perhaps here we can agree with Pilawskii. Color of the A-28m sample in the Album changed a lot, I think this is to blame on poorly matched compatibility of the blue pigments and flattening additives.
Why? Color of any coating material (if the color is standardized) is determined by two etalons (standards). The actual color of the paint should be placed between the two factory benchmarks agreed with VVS Headquarters. The colors of paints of the same brand but of different origins could not be absolutely identical. But they should be within the interval determined by those two etalons. A-28m, A-28g, AMT-7 and AGT-7 paints were produced according to VARIOUS recipes but the SAME etalons. Therefore, new paint samples should be close in color, but over the time difference them could vary due to the different formulations applied. This strong color shift is not observed on the other paint samples (A-28g, AMT-7, AGT-7). But A-28m stands out of this line. In the case of A-24m, A-24g, AMT-4 and AGT-4 paint samples the difference in shades is very small even today. If during this period significant color shift did not occur it means either they have changed the same way (taking into the account the different chemical composition it is unlikely) or these changes are insignificant.
nsmekanik

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

Getting a bit behind on things here, so time to update things.

Here you can see everthing just "stuck" together, no glue.

Now in this last pic you'll notice a bit of a step, this will disappear with some gentle pressure when gluing things together, as you can see here how the plastic has discoloured with the stress of being twisted, there are no cracks, this plastic is quite malleable and doesn't totaly spring back to it's original shape once you've got it where you want it. Of the few models I've managed to find that were built the common theme is very poor fitting requiring a lot of sanding and filler. This is true if you  expect the parts to fit exactly right off the sprue, they don't. But they will fit very well once they've been bent into shape.

Here is why you don't want to fit and use the exhaust ring to keep things in shape

I found that I had to shave a bit off the ring to allow things to squeeze together

I also decided that it would probably be a better idea to paint the bays black to more or less hide the lack of detail in there

The joints won't be perfect, but the way it looks can be construed as less then perfect panel fit and I am going to scribe the engine access panels a bit deeper to sort of "fit the theme".
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: