Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Matching A21m in enamels
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 08:17:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Matching A21m in enamels  (Read 4207 times)
Graham Boak

« on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »

I've a feeling I've been round this before regarding late Pe2s, but I can't find that history here.  I'm now faced with the same problem for an Eastern Express Li2 - and I might even drag the unfinished Pe2 out again.  From somewhere I found a reference to Humbrol 84, but that doesn't look anything like the grey/beige on Massimo's Li2 artwork.  Maybe I'll go away and mix it 50/50 with H64 light grey....

I must admit preferring the Humbrol paints, as they cover far better than the WEM, at least for brush painting.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

Hi,
I've seen the recent thread on Britmodeller and I've seen the comparison between chips of Akan and other producers. For me, that greenish tint was a surprise, both because it don't resemble the color of the Il-2 piece and because I can't imagine that anyone could describe that shade as 'coffee and milk with milk prevailing' unless you leave it a month to make mould.
In brief, I don't know the exact shade of that paint, but I will change the existing artworks only if this thing will become more clear.
Regards
Massimo
Graham Boak

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »

Hmm.  Perhaps I should be describing AMT-1?  I have tried WEM RN colour MS-4 as a close match (I'm not defining just how close) and we'll see what it look like when it dries.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »

I've read that the specifications of AMT-1 changed: it was more greyish up to 1943 or 1944, then more brownish. Besides, the bw photos show that the brown looks darker on the metal part than on wing and rear fuselage panels ol Il-2s, I don't know why.  I suspect that the result could depend on the way of application, thinning etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: