Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Aleksandr Nicolayevich Yefimov 198TH shAP Black 2?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aleksandr Nicolayevich Yefimov 198TH shAP Black 2?  (Read 16055 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »

I hope to be wrong, but Yefimov's plane was photographed a year after those white ones. And I haven't ever seen Il-2s with black cap as unit color over a summer camouflage.
regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »

Hi,
I've found a small page in Russian on him.
http://www.airwar.ru/history/aces/ace2ww/pilots/efimov.html

Nothing conclusive, but I paste an automatic translation:

The entire combat history of Alexander Efimov is associated with Il-2. During the war he was succeeded by at least seven cars, not counting those which made the individual flights. Arriving at 1-198-Squadron of Shap, until mid-winter 1943 Efimov flew on an airplane with a single number 17, which has been preserved and the resulting two-seater car instead. Being in July 1943, commander of the 2nd Squadron, the pilot changed the number "two", which is invariably present at all of its planes by the end of the war, including after the transition to the 62nd Shap. Number of 198-m Shap deposited on the steering wheel rotation, color and style varied on different machines.

The two IL-2, AN Efimova (no-one in the 198-m and 62 m Shap). was the inscription "Homeland." Pictures of them yet to be found.

IL-2mZ (modified version of attack aircraft with larger sweep of consoles), as shown on the tab, AN Efimov flown in 198-m Shap autumn 1944 - winter 1945, before joining the 62nd Shap. Visible in the photo exhibit significant color elements according to the standard scheme of camouflage in 1943, so it was used for reconstruction. On the upper surface of the spot of green, light brown and dark gray color on the bottom - blue. Red stars with white-red stroke. The digit "2" - black with a white stroke. Blue spinner and the band on the fuselage - the hallmark of the first 198 Shap painted only removable part of the cook. White canted keel ending signified membership in the 233rd shad. These color elements appeared in the division back in 1942 remains unclear, with nothing connected and when there was more light-colored plumage. Also typical for aircraft 233rd shad.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »

Hi,
I made a drawing of the plane in the movie.

This image shows a prospectically corrected part of the tail, where it seems to be a personal emblem, perhaps a winged spitfire lion.
The plane should be a late production one (1945?) because of the flushed gun fairings.
I don't see evidence of the blue spinner and band shown on the plane n.2 of Yefimov.
Jason, is this good for the book?
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

I like that.
learstang

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »

Yes, this would be a good profile for the book, Massimo - I like the white tail!  Strange that the flyable example was done in Yefimov's straight-winged two-seater camouflage scheme (black/green), when they could have done it in this more accurate (the flyable example is also an arrow) and striking scheme.  However, are you sure there isn't an AMT-12 band behind the gunner - your last photograph could indicate this.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »

Hi Jason, no, I'm not sure. There is clearly a dark band behind the canopy, but I suspect that the darker color is the green on this photo, not the grey. This would mean that the lighter color corresponding to the gunner's canopy is brown as from the standard template, but a darker brown than on the rear fuselage. Being not sure, I prefer to follow the template.

By the way, speaking of the plane of Yesimov shown on the photo, I'm not sure at all that it had a white tail in the photo. It could be even the brown, appearing unusually light in the photo.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 04:13:15 AM »

Couple of pictures I found of Yefimov by some IL-2's.

barneybolac

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:10 AM »

Found this video that has some very clear film of the profile above as well as some other aircraft that has been discussed in the past on this forum. Also at the end some colour video of IL-10's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0W_QBW_yCY
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: