Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS PE sets from Finland
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS PE sets from Finland  (Read 7076 times)
TISO

« on: February 23, 2011, 11:31:15 PM »

I was jsut searching something in Hannats catalogue and found a finnish company Kuivalainen Photo Etch which produces 1/72 colour PE sets (it seems that sets are made for them by EDUARD) for FAF airplanes including soviet types:
Including LaGG-3, I-16 and SB

http://www.kuivalainen.biz/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=2&p=2

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 04:57:12 AM »

I've seen that - I'm hoping they do one for the I-153.  After all, the I-153 saw some Finnish service.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 06:34:26 PM »

SMER did produce a Chaika with PE set (cockpit, engine front plate, some parts for U/C and bomb fins) and resin skies, bomb and fuel tanks as their HI-TECH  series but are hard to find these days

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »

SMER did produce a Chaika with PE set (cockpit, engine front plate, some parts for U/C and bomb fins) and resin skies, bomb and fuel tanks as their HI-TECH  series but are hard to find these days

As a matter of fact, TISO, I found one on eBay (after months of looking!) and it's on its way.  Still, since Kuivalainen have produced a set for other Soviet aircraft the Finnish used, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a set for the I-153, especially when (if?) ICM come out with their new kit.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »

Well i just got the set for SB. They are obviously produced by Eduard (there name being on the fret) and are prepainted (instrument panel, harnesses and few boxes). It's a really small set similar to Eduard's prepainted ZOOM sets.
It consistes of pilot's cockpit sidewalls (construction), seat harnesses (prepainted), instrument panel (prepainted), radio set (prepainted), a couple of boxes and machine gun sights.There is no engine controls quadrant, no levers of any kind, MG ammunition......
Let's just say that this set leaves a lot to be desired for and is a bit of a dissapointment for me. It eases detailing but that is it and a lot od detailing still has to be done from scrach.
Let's just hope that Eduard or PART (preferably both) will have mercy on us and finally produce comprehensive PE set.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:11:41 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
TISO

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »

As a matter of fact, TISO, I found one on eBay (after months of looking!) and it's on its way.  Still, since Kuivalainen have produced a set for other Soviet aircraft the Finnish used, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a set for the I-153, especially when (if?) ICM come out with their new kit.

Regards,

Jason
Unfortunatly one can't get the PE set from this kit alone (Eduard are you listening?). The cowl face looks just beutifull and interior details are also very good. Article No. for this kit is 0892 and is acctually High-Tech Plus series. For those unfamiliar with the kit:
http://www.dmmb.info/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1712&view=next
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:08:36 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
TISO

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »

Just got me their set for UM Pe-2.
It isn't specified for which series machine it is.
It is interesting that only few prepainted parts are for cockpit (harnesses, instrument panels, pedals and few levers) and most parts are for exterior.
Parts foe exterior covered in the set are U/C bay doors, meshes in wings leading edge oil cooler air intakes, oil cooler exhausts on top of the wings, entry hatch, bomb bay details, wheel deails, hydraulic lines for main U/C and acces covers for entire plane.
 What i find rather usefull are acces covers especcialy for wing underside which will ease building the kit as wing underside has to be sanded down a bit due to panzer grube (anti-tank ditch) like panel lines and all raised acces covers.

IMHO  Reccomended.

BTW i also got me their rather small set for Dragon Rapide. Finally someone did some acessory for a venerable and excellent Heller/Airfix kit
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:10:12 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
B_Realistic

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 08:16:09 AM »

TISO,

The link you've sent doesn't work? Huh

Michel
TISO

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 01:57:26 AM »

TISO,

The link you've sent doesn't work? Huh

Michel
http://www.kuivalainen.biz/ps/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=56

Disciple of Error
B_Realistic

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »

I'm surprised that it has the same resemblance like Eduard sets and for a very small price.
Or are these sets from Eduard but license made? Huh
TISO

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »

As per my sets "made by Eduard"
this are Eduard sets customized for the Finnish company (same goes for Platz, Bilek, KP, AZ, Special Hobby.... sets)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:30:13 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: