Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Cockpit set for Bilek Yak-23
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:04:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cockpit set for Bilek Yak-23  (Read 5054 times)
B_Realistic

« on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »

Hi,

saw this cockpit set from Res-im improvements for the Yak-23 from Bilek.

http://res-im.webnode.cz/products/a4802/

Michel
learstang

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:41:34 AM »

Looks nice!  I just got my catalogue from Squadron today - they list two new Yak-23 Flora kits from Special Hobby, in 1/72nd scale.  It looks like the kits are the same, but with different markings.  The price is $24.29USD.  I'm tempted to buy one.  Now you can get recent kits of the Flora in all three main scales; 1/72nd from Special Hobby, 1/48th from Bilek, and 1/32nd from Planet Models.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
JP
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:45:32 AM »

Yeah, but who builds 1/72?   Tongue
learstang

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:06:05 AM »

Yeah, but who builds 1/72?   Tongue

1/72nd scale is the one true scale!  So it was in the beginning (Penguin), so shall it ever be!  Or to be more practical, even if somebody came out with a 1/48th scale B-36, where would I put it?  That's as crazy as a 1/72nd scale An-124 Ruslan - oh yeah, right.  I'll just stick with my impractically enormous An-22 Antei, thank you very much.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »

Let's say that I like 1/48th scale Yak-23 the most. It's not too big and you can enhance it. Cheesy
learstang

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:41:30 PM »

Of course, that's the nice thing about 1/48th scale.  It's small enough to where you don't have to buy another house to display them, but big enough to be very detailed.  Years ago, I used to buy a lot of 1/48th scale kits, but I quit when I realised I wasn't building them, just collecting them.  I still have a few I'll probably build, such as the Tamiya Il-2 arrow, the Eduard straight-winged two-seater, and the AM arrow and single-seater.  I even have a few non-Shturmoviks I'd like to build, such as the Tamiya Swordfish, and the Classic Airframes A-8 Shrike and Westland Wyvern.  For my limited budget and space, however, I've found 1/72nd scale to be a better fit.  But I say the more VVS kits the better, in whatever scale they are - I'm tempted by the Xuntong Tu-2, now that they have a VVS example, and I'd almost certainly buy a 1/48th scale Il-4, if it were reasonably priced.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »

Of course, that's the nice thing about 1/48th scale.  It's small enough to where you don't have to buy another house to display them, but big enough to be very detailed.  Years ago, I used to buy a lot of 1/48th scale kits, but I quit when I realised I wasn't building them, just collecting them.  I still have a few I'll probably build, such as the Tamiya Il-2 arrow, the Eduard straight-winged two-seater, and the AM arrow and single-seater.  I even have a few non-Shturmoviks I'd like to build, such as the Tamiya Swordfish, and the Classic Airframes A-8 Shrike and Westland Wyvern.  For my limited budget and space, however, I've found 1/72nd scale to be a better fit.  But I say the more VVS kits the better, in whatever scale they are - I'm tempted by the Xuntong Tu-2, now that they have a VVS example, and I'd almost certainly buy a 1/48th scale Il-4, if it were reasonably priced.

Regards,

Jason

I've got the Wyvern also but from Dynavector with the Compass sets for it.
But I'm afraid to start it because it's vacu.
I'm going to compete with my Il-2 this weekend in a local modeling contest and I hope to have some pictures from it because our modeling club KMK also is represented.

learstang

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »

Good luck on your Shturmovik, Michel - I hope it brings home a medal!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: