Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New book devoted to famous U-2 biplane
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:26:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you want this book?
Yes - 2 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New book devoted to famous U-2 biplane  (Read 6468 times)
pobeditel

« on: April 21, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »

Hi all,
the new book is available:

Legendary U-2. Ivanov V.P&Petrov G.F.Nebo Rodiny Edition, Moscow 2011. Size 20x27 cm, hard cover, 224 pages, plenty of b&w archive and color photos, drawings, pictures from manuals, color profiles.

I offer Russian aviation literature - full list in English include 313 items!
I offer also arcive photos, model kits and accessories from Russia.

To get detailed information write please to me.

Viktor Kulikov
Moscow, RUSSIA

K.Ingraham

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »

I have purchased from Victor several times-he is reliable and timely.
I'll be buying this book next payday.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »

I have exchanged books with Viktor many times and I can confirm that he's reliable.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »

Welcome to the site, Viktor!  The new book sounds interesting - maybe just in time for the ICM kit?

Best Regards,

Jason Moore

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »

Two great U-2 (Po-2) books were published in 2011!

M. Maslov's book

and Ivanov's & Petrov's

Both books are good and worth buying; Maslov is shorter, a good overview.  Book is larger (A4 format), printed on glossy paper with photos better reproduced.  M. Maslov is authority no 1 on between-the-wars aviation.

Ivanov's and Petrov's book provides more text, more details about versions and historical background.  Ivanov is N. Polikarpov's biographer (first 50 pages of U-2 book are dedicated to Polikarpov's biography), Petrov is famous for his photo collection.  Their book is B-5 format, printing/photo reproduction is "adequate" /good for Russian standards.

I am sure Viktor can find both books for those who are interested.

Konstantin

mbittner

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:29:15 AM »

I am interested in obtaining the Maslov book.

Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/
K.Ingraham

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:57:21 AM »

Konstantin,
Thank you for the reviews, much appreciated. I'm struggling with introductory Russian and can pretty much say 'hello' and ask for a Baltika #7, I still have to learn how to ask directions to the bathroom (very important after buying beer).

So, for us non-Russophones, which book is potentially more useful to the illiterate modeler? More photos, more useful photos & illustrations etc.?

Spasiba!
KL

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »

So, for us non-Russophones, which book is potentially more useful to the illiterate modeler? More photos, more useful photos & illustrations etc.?

Both books are written by historians for those interested in history, not for modellers...  If you are looking for "walk-around" photos, you will not find them.

Ivanov's book is thicker (220+ pages), more photos (but smaller!), more colour profiles, more line drawings.  There are even few pages with colour photos of planes preserved in museums (again small and not very useful for modelers).
Maslov's book is thinner (120 pages), less photos (larger and better reproduced).  Few pages are dedicated to M-11 engine, there are more photos of details in Maslov's book.

If you don't care about the text, Maslov's book is probably a better choice.  The best choice is to buy both books - they are not expensive...
K.Ingraham

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »

Spasiba KL, I appreciate the reply--somehow I didn't notice that you posted until just now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: