Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS colors in Tamiya Gunze humbrol and akan
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 06:45:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS colors in Tamiya Gunze humbrol and akan  (Read 13690 times)
xan

« on: April 25, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »

Hi,
here the result of the work we did between Apex Pascal and I who are all menbers of this forum...
http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54267&start=200
Akan paints are difficult to acces, so we try to find correspondant in other brands.
This work is not perfect and not ended but we hope it can help...

Xan

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:30:17 PM by xan » Logged

learstang

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »

Thank you very much, Xan!  We appreciate the work you gentlemen have done on your site regarding the VVS.  I will download this chart and take a look at it.  Merci!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pascal

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »

And if you could add some data, it could be useful to us... and everybody Thanks!

Pascal

learstang

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »

And if you could add some data, it could be useful to us... and everybody Thanks!

Pascal

One thing I'll do Pascal is add my Testors Model Master matches (or what I think are matches).  I know Massimo's already done a lot of this so I'm sure he'll be interested to take a look.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »

Hi Xan,
this work is very interesting. Was it done on the base of Akan chips?
There is a point that let me in doubt: in two different tables, there are written two different himbrol matches for the AMT-4: 226 and 158. Wha's the reason?
About the AII blue: I think that it can be obtained with 65 plus some 89. Unfortunately Humbrols are very difficult to mix perfectly: the resulting shade, even on a single can, is very influenced on how the paint is mixed.  For this, Humbrol paints are well different from Tamiya and Gunze that I've sometimes experienced and had more stable shades.
For what I've seen with my paints, AII green looks similar in hue to 150, but the Akan paint that I have seen is darker, as dark as 34079 even if more green. 150 will certainly be good for A-19f for metal planes.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »

Nice work, guys! This is something we've needed for a long time, despite many attempts to create such a comparison.

Unfortunately Humbrols are very difficult to mix perfectly: the resulting shade, even on a single can, is very influenced on how the paint is mixed.  For this, Humbrol paints are well different from Tamiya and Gunze that I've sometimes experienced and had more stable shades.

Very true! It seems that recent Humbrol paint (especially the matt colours) is of very poor quality. Because it's so widely available, I've tried several times to select equivalents to the most important Akan colours, but I've never been happy with the results.

John
xan

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:16 PM »

Hi Xan,
this work is very interesting. Was it done on the base of Akan chips?
There is a point that let me in doubt: in two different tables, there are written two different himbrol matches for the AMT-4: 226 and 158. Wha's the reason?

sorry it's a mistake hu158 is no long available
Xan

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 07:01:03 AM »

Hi Xan,
yes, I've read this on the other forum. Humbrol has removed from its inventory also the  'Russian blue' (115, if I remember well) that could have been fairly good for A-18f, and that resembled to the color of the wreck of MiG-3 preserved in Veesiveehma depot.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: