Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ivan G.Romanenko. I-16 White 71? 13th IAP VVS KBF, 1941
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivan G.Romanenko. I-16 White 71? 13th IAP VVS KBF, 1941  (Read 14589 times)
KL

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »

Hi Massimo/Barneybolac,

IMHO, photo has been manipulated or it's defective...  not reliable in any case!

I will not waste more time on it - if you like AII Green/Dark Green and AEh-9, go for it.  You may add thin black worms around AII dark Green - that will make a really attractive model.  Smiley

Cheers,
KL
barneybolac

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

I personally have no opinion as to how this aircraft looks.

I do welcome the debate as to what it may be & thank all who have voiced their thoughts.

Debate I feel is a healthy thing.

Regards: Rodney.
KL

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »

I do welcome the debate as to what it may be & thank all who have voiced their thoughts.

Rodney,
it would be interesting to see your opinion -  in this thread you got some relevant information about the plane, possible colours and photo itself.
Debate is pointless if participants can't achieve any consensus.

Cheers,
KL
barneybolac

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »

Rodney,
it would be interesting to see your opinion -  in this thread you got some relevant information about the plane, possible colours and photo itself.
Debate is pointless if participants can't achieve any consensus.

Cheers,
KL

Fair enough.

Truth is I have no idea what the actual colours are hence why I posted it here. I am very much a novice on Russian paint schemes & I want to learn more about them. I think it is rather strange looking paint job for it's time frame & I was hoping some one else would have a complete photo of this plane or at least a different picture to help with an analysis.

KL your points of view are interesting & relevant as is the others who have posted here. With out some more photographic evidence this aircraft is in my opinion on the we may never know for sure list.
barneybolac

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 06:37:39 AM »

Found a very clear photo of white #71.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 07:12:29 AM »

Good image Rodney,
from the time of the discussion, something has emerged on the booklet of camouflages appeared in spring 1941 and forthemost ignored by the units, apart for sporadic applications.
http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1809.0
Clearly the pattern is not the same, but the colors could easily be the same, or at least inspired to the list.
I think to see 5 camouflaging colors on the upper surface on this photo.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: