Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The 72d Li-2s have landed at Hannants. You owe me.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The 72d Li-2s have landed at Hannants. You owe me.  (Read 2987 times)
K.Ingraham

« on: May 16, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »

I had an extensive "wish list" built up at Hannants of stuff I wanted (inc lots of VVS decals) I wanted. I was holding off placing an order until the promised Li-2 kits arrived.

At around 3AM this morning, I ran out of patience and placed the order, almost the entire 'want list'. TWO HOURS later, I get an email from Hannants advising that the AModel Li-2 kits were in stock--and a fast check of my account showed that Hannant's quick, efficient customer-service driven workers had already started packing my order, meaning I could no longer adjust it.

Clearly, someone was waiting for me to place an order before entering the Li-2s into stock & I blinked first. You all can thank me for eating another shipping cost for a separate order!

Only the Polar Aviation and the night bomber versions are in as of now, the civil transport isn't in. The list price is L25.

Also, Hannants carries two aftermarket Li-2 decal sheets that I'd never heard of before. One is an Aeroflot arctic aviation scheme of 1946-47, which is distinct from the Polar Aviation kit scheme. The other is North Vietnamese circa 1959. These appear below when you click on the kit link.
learstang

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »

Darn it, you beat me to it, Kevin!  I also had it on my wish list and got the notification today.  I suppose the Lancaster I was going to buy will have to wait.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: