Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
What is this Yaks type - 2
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:34:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this Yaks type - 2  (Read 7670 times)
FPSOlkor

« on: October 18, 2006, 12:44:31 AM »

We have ended up with 2 possibilities Yak - 7B late or Yak-9 early. Also is it a 37 mm variant or not Huh What is the spinner colour?

BTW, Massimo, this link will die out soon, so please repost the image...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 12:47:01 AM by FPSOlkor » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 07:02:52 AM »

Hi Oleg, Smiley
nice image indeed.
I don't know about spinner. It looks darker than the rectangle on the truck. Perhaps it's some shade of white, darkened by gun smoke...
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »

Hi Oleg, Smiley
nice image indeed.
I don't know about spinner. It looks darker than the rectangle on the truck. Perhaps it's some shade of white, darkened by gun smoke...
Massimo
Could it be yellow? what is the IN colour? And eventually, what is the type of the aircraft?
Dark Green Man

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:36:19 AM »

this is a Yak-7b
the blister for the 12.7mm machine gun on the starboard side is clearly evident, meaning that it cannot be a Yak-9/Yak-9D as they only had them on the port side.
the large single-piece door over the (retractable) tailwheel is also proof positive of the Yak-7b as the Yak-9 family all had the twin small thin doors. (like the Yak-1b and Yak-3)
some very late series Yak-7b's were also fitted with the small doors and that led to their use on the Yak-9.
what probably threw you off is the 'slotted' exhaust,as all Yak-9's had these.
late series Yak-7b's were also fitted with this type of exhaust and again led to it's use on the Yak-9.
it seemed to be more common from Zavod 82 , but Zavod 153 also used them.

[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:18 AM »

Hi, Smiley
yellow? I think that it's possible, but I can't confirm.
According to some suggestions, the use of yellow on VVS planes was rarer than usually thought, and details previously identified as yellow were white in bad conditions, or light blue, or sometimes silver (it's not the case of this spinner). But, who knows?
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »

this is a Yak-7b
the blister for the 12.7mm machine gun on the starboard side is clearly evident, meaning that it cannot be a Yak-9/Yak-9D as they only had them on the port side.
[/color]

You are mistaken at this part at least... there were 9-s with 2 UBs...

And by the way, something seems strange about the canopy... Or windscreen...

About yellow - it is unlikely to be white/ Pure white is seen on the fueltrucks door. Not really common...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:45:07 PM by FPSOlkor » Logged
Dark Green Man

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 02:49:20 AM »

You are mistaken at this part at least... there were 9-s with 2 UBs...

the Yak-9U, Yak-9S and Yak-9P had 2 12.7mm UBS , but this is clearly not one of those late model Yak-9's
if you had read my post closely you would have noticed I typed "Yak-9/Yak-9D" these are the first two models of the Yak-9 family, not the last three
[/color]

And by the way, something seems strange about the canopy... Or windscreen...

nothing wrong with the canopy, it's perfectly normal

p.s. by the way I like this 'guess the Yak' game...   keep it up!
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
FPSOlkor

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 10:05:21 AM »

font=verdana]
 the Yak-9U, Yak-9S and Yak-9P had 2 12.7mm UBS , but this is clearly not one of those late model Yak-9's
if you had read my post closely you would have noticed I typed "Yak-9/Yak-9D" these are the first two models of the Yak-9 family, not the last three[/font]

I said, Yak-9. This means 9 with no indexes. I've spoken with the pilots who flew them and servicemen who maintained them. Besides, field modifications were available, since all of the structure was identical with 7B.

This is by no means a game, but if You want...

Copyrighted
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:09:50 AM by FPSOlkor » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 11:24:59 PM »

Hi Oleg, Smiley
very good image again. Thank you for sharing.
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 11:36:19 PM »

Hi Oleg, Smiley
very good image again. Thank you for sharing.
Massimo
I have quite a few aces up my sleeve Wink
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »

Hi Oleg, Smiley
I am very interested to see such aces.
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 05:45:29 PM »

Hi Oleg, Smiley
I am very interested to see such aces.