Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Erik Pilawskii Strikes Again!
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 12:37:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Erik Pilawskii Strikes Again!  (Read 52381 times)
learstang

« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2021, 06:01:32 PM »

Having been the recipient of Mr. Pilawskii's bile in one of his articles (even if he did not mention my name), I will post the following from his conclusion on the Alboom Nakrasok - 'I can only conclude by mocking such pathetic, low-life "persons". You've been found out yet again, and have failed yet again (as always); better luck next time.' No true historian would post such an attack on people who disagree with him. Mr. Pilawskii is a master of projection - he rails against 'dogmatists' whilst displaying a dogmatic fervour and defence of his own 'findings'.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2022, 11:34:46 AM »

Hi,
there is a new article of Him on the colors of polar aviation.
http://www.redbanner.co.uk/History/Aviaarktika/Arctic_Colouration.html

He writes that their usual color before and briefly after the war was yellow... who knows?

This is a recent example.

Interestingly, we have a surviving ANT-4, allegedly from Aviaarktika service, allegedly SSSR N-317. There is no doubt that the livery it wears now is not original; by no means. This scheme looks like it dates from the 1980s, or thereabouts; it does not demonstrate any kind of surface that would be 80+ years old and exposed to the elements. The grey-blue trim is not overly convincing, and when new it was likely this kind of ubiquitous blue shade seen everywhere on every kind of vehicle in USSR days. The yellow paint, however, does at least seem to harken back to an authentic memory of its original appearance. Certainly, had the restorers seen a bright red-orange species of faded paint when they undertook this work, they would have replicated that in some form? One would at least think so; and recall that at the time, actual in-use paint of this type would have been available to them.

I think to remember a walkaround of that plane with photos of the old chipping paint under the wings, and I remember it as orange.
Here is one that I found on Google: https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/model/Tupolev%20ANT-4

I think that orange paints fades up to yellow; the medium blue visible on some photos seems a light brey-blue in the one that he has taken.

Yes it was not the original paint but a restoration, but what it proves is that orange paint can turn to yellow with the age.

Massimo

learstang

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2022, 02:15:56 AM »

I just tried to access the Red Banner site, but with no success. I certainly hope nothing has happened to the site - what a terrible and incalculable loss to aviation research!

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2022, 09:15:36 AM »

About what contained, I wouldn't be too displeased. The worst thing is that it is indicative of the bad time we are living now.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2022, 01:55:54 PM »

I got in with no problems - maybe you've been banned, Jason! Cheesy

Massimo's remark about the bad times we're living in reminded me of this - scroll down and read "Conclusions"!
http://www.redbanner.co.uk/History/1948/1948_DOA.html

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2022, 06:32:01 PM »

Hi John,
it has refused the connection again. Maybe your computer has visualized a cache version?
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2022, 08:11:10 PM »

I don't know - I can access the main page, and then go from there to the page for which I posted the link above, but most of the others are not accessible. It's strange!

John
learstang

« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2022, 02:43:16 AM »

Interesting. Just now when I tried to access the Red Banner site, I received a message about it being a 'brand new site', and to try again. Perhaps, if I am lucky, I have been banned!

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: