Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Soviet fighter tactics
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 03:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Soviet fighter tactics  (Read 5583 times)
Fw 190

« on: May 28, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »

Hello to everyone.

This is my first post here.

I'm looking for someon who could hel me with soviet fighter tactics. I can not read in Russian so the book/source would have to be in English or German. Is there something on the market?

Regards
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

Hi FW190,
I'm not an expert in tactics, but you could look for something on Aleksandr Pokryshkin, the Soviet ace that contested the old tactics (as to fly in grops of three planes) and proposed new ones (grops of three planes as Germans did, then to fly in 'wavy' way exchanging altitude for speed and vice versa). I saw a page on him somewhere with sketches from his note. Perhaps it was in Russian, but automatic translators help much.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »

I'm afraid I can't help you on the fighter tactics, but welcome to the site, Fw 190!  Wilkommen!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pascal

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »

Welcome, Fw 190!

Massimo is right, and Alexandr Pokryshkin's autobiography could help you to know these tactics (I have a copy in french, I suppose it exists in german?). You can read Dmitriy Loza's book "Attack of the Airacobras" too: the author explains that these new tactics, tested and applied in 1942 because of the characteristics of this lend-lease plane, were later extended to all the soviet fighter units.

Regards,

Pascal

bbrought

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »

I think in English, Dmitriy Loza's book (Attack of the Airacobras) is a very good choice as there are big sections in that book dealing with tactics. Another one that touches on various aspects of Soviet fighter tactics, although not the main theme of the book or as detailed as Loza's book, is the book "Dragons on Bird Wings" by Antipov and Utkin.

BA Broughton
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: