Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How to post pics
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:44:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to post pics  (Read 8478 times)
JP
Administrator

« on: October 06, 2005, 08:58:58 PM »

This is almost a standard on these kinds of boards, so let me deal with it now.? This is a slightly different BB interface than is standard on most hobby sites, but the process to post a pic is very simple.

When posting, simply mash the "insert image" button with a little icon of a picture that appears just above the text box of your post, just below the italicise button.? If in doubt, a description of each button will appear if you place the cursor over it with your mouse for a second or two.? After you click the image button, you should see something like this appear:

[ i m g ] [ / i m g ]

You will have to have your photo stored somewhere on the web.? There are several sites offering photo storage, and some email accounts come with some file space.? However you choose to store your files, simply type the URL of your image between the brackets.? It should look like this:

[ i m g ] h t t p : / / y o u r? p i c t u r e? U R L? h e r e [ / i m g ]

(note: I inserted spaces in the lines of code above so you could see the text and not the infamous "red x".? There should be no spaces when you are actually trying to post an image.)

That's it!? You can do this anywhere in your post you like.? As long as the URL is correct, your image should appear.

JP
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:35:58 AM »

This is a test:

John

Hurray - it worked! As my Grade 11 Physics teacher said, "If John can do it, anyone can!" Look out, World...

TimSouthern

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 09:45:09 AM »

What picture storage site would you recommend?

Cheers

Tim
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 05:37:20 PM »

I use PostImage.org, or whatever it's called lately, for posting images. Works fine for me, but I have no experience with it for storage. I just use my hard drive.

John
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:55:36 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: