Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Eduard Yak-3 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 08:49:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eduard Yak-3 1/48  (Read 7497 times)
B_Realistic

« on: June 28, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »

Hi,

my first submission is from the Eduard Yak-3 with Neomega cockpit set and Eduard PE set.

Michel
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:13:55 AM by B_Realistic » Logged
KL

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »

Hi Michel,
although it looks like Yak-3, few things need attention:

- both light and dark grays are way too light
- camouflage pattern is 100% fictional, it should resemble official angular pattern

I hope these comments will help for future projects.
Cheers,
KL
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »

KL,

I intend always make my colors lighter due to weathering and the fact that's in 1/48th scale.
If you see at war pictures how colors fade and weather the exact color is merely when an aircraft leaves the factory and make no mistake that many aircraft are patched up in the field.
Fictional camo?  Huh
I followed the camo pattern on the Eduard plan.
But is this wrong?

Michel
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:53:29 PM by B_Realistic » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »

I followed the camo pattern on the Eduard plan.
But is this wrong?
Not got the Eduard kit to hand to check their structions.

this is the basic 1943 template

see here for more info http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/colors/1943-45-fighters/1943-45.html

HTH
T
KL

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »

Michel,
paints did fade; summer sun and winter frosts did degrade paint.  Another question is how long your plane was really exposed to the elements.  There were hangars on some airfields, planes were covered with tarps.  Regular maintanace included repainting at depots.  Finally, average combat fighters and bmbers didn't last longer than few months....

Following is Yak-9 tail preserved in Finland in its original colours (probably partially repainted in unit)

B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »

KL,

as mentioned in my other posting of my I-16 thanks for clearing that out. Cheesy
So the instructions on Eduard plans aren't also right. Undecided
I've discovered it afterwards when I checked this indeed on Mig-3 Sovietwarplanes.
But on the otherhand don't underestimate weathering of aircraft and how it fades.
I've seen clear pictures upclose in black/white and in color of WWII birds and it's amazong how they weather fast and have lighter colors.
And ho greasy they where.
It's a question of personal preferences.
I don't like models which have a certain battle history and are all clean and shiny.
That's one of the reason why I like those russian aircraft with all that color differencies and patches.

Michel
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »

Hi Michel,

here is my EDUARD YAK-3 in 1:48.

I used AKAN AMT11/12/7 colors and AML DECALS.
As I wrote you in your post about AML Decals, also here tiny parts were separated - each white and red stripe on the propeller star was sepparate decal. So I pained red star and then applied 10 white + 10 red (2+2 for each tip od the star) stripes. A lot of nasty words were in the air...

This is fresh AKAN coat - an attempt to imitate "splinter" NKAP scheme applied (sprayed) freehand in factory:

And this is the kit after filters and weathering applied:

Regards,
       66misos

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:15:45 PM by 66misos » Logged

learstang

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »

Very, very nice, 66misos!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »

Yes this is well done. Cheesy
Considering how difficult the spinner is.
The AKAN colors are indeed much better then on my Yak-3.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: