Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bilek 1/48th Yak-23 kit out - link to review & build guide added
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 03:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bilek 1/48th Yak-23 kit out - link to review & build guide added  (Read 7268 times)
Troy Smith

« on: July 05, 2012, 04:15:06 AM »

hi
saw this on Modeling Madness,
http://www.modelingmadness.com/review/korean/previews/bilek/4804.htm

has sprue shots.  Any problems visible?  [having just looked at the 1/72 Yak-23 announcement and Walker's comments]

Another 1/48 VVS kit though, and at $25 a bearable price... what's the world coming to..

now where's that Su-2?

cheers
T
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:01:05 PM by Troy Smith » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 05:09:47 AM »

To think it's now possible to do the Flora in 1/72nd scale (KP?), 1/48th scale - this kit, and 1/32nd scale (Planet Models?).  What an age of wonders we now live in!  Actually, I wouldn't mind doing this small series of Yakovlev jets in 1/72nd scale - I already have the Yak-15 built up.  I just need the Yak-17 (had it but lost it), and the Yak-23.  By the way, Troy, I have the Tamiya Il-2 and it looks very nice indeed.  Highly recommended for those who like 1/48th scale Soviet aircraft.  I suppose I need to do some writeup about that in another thread.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »

Jason,

Feel free to contribute on your writing skills concerning the Il-2. Cheesy
I've also ordered mine.
10 years ago we couldn't imagine how many different russian kits there now releasing.
We only hoped that some manufacturer would release such models.
And a Yak-23 for a reasonable price.

Michel
learstang

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »

Jason,

Feel free to contribute on your writing skills concerning the Il-2. Cheesy
I've also ordered mine.
10 years ago we couldn't imagine how many different russian kits there now releasing.
We only hoped that some manufacturer would release such models.
And a Yak-23 for a reasonable price.

Michel

Good, Michel - you won't be disappointed.  I hope this kit is a great success so they'll release other versions and even better, downscale this to 1/72nd scale, and upscale it to 1/32nd scale (the Eduard arrow and Hobby Boss arrow are nice kits, but not as nice nor as accurate as the Tamiya kit).  It is nice to see more Soviet aircraft being released.  The one I really want now is the 1/72nd scale Li-2NB from Amodel.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Troy Smith

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »

By the way, Troy, I have the Tamiya Il-2 and it looks very nice indeed.  Highly recommended for those who like 1/48th scale Soviet aircraft.  I suppose I need to do some writeup about that in another thread.

Regards,

Jason

HI Jason
I already have 6 of the AM kit[2 ski single seaters, 2 Eduard straight wing, 2 Italeri arrow] plus the vector spinner which I have cloned....so a 50 quid Tamiya kit is not going to grab me.... [though I'm hunting for the Js-2 and Matilda tank kits..]
But certainly like to know more about the Tamiya, is it really worth 3 times the price of what you can get an AM kit [or rebox] for? 
Still, if they do some more VVS kits....imagine a decent OOB Yak-9  Roll Eyes

Back to the Yak-23, I just had a google to find out a UK price etc and ran across a build on Hyperscale by Vic Shurman, whose a damn fine modeler, here
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/thread/1340722704/Bilek+1-48+Yak-23+WIP2+and+some+assembly+notes

This has some useful pointers in assembly notes from my brief read of it...ie what to trim and where!

HTH
T

learstang

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

Troy, if you order one from the UK, they'll really stick you.  I ordered mine from Hobby Link Japan, and the price came out to something like $43USD (this doesn't include the shipping, of course).  If you compare that to the price of an AM kit, especially with AM parts, it starts to look a lot more attractive, I think.  I may actually sell my AM kit, which has all the AM parts, even an engine, on eBay.  Then maybe I can use the money to buy an Li-2NB!  I need an Li-2NB!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: