Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
282 IAP I-16/White 2
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:22:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 282 IAP I-16/White 2  (Read 5224 times)
barneybolac

« on: July 10, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »

Anyone have any other photos or a better quality photo of this aircraft?

Or any thoughts on the profile compared to the photo?

http://basilzolotov.com/on-slideshow/polikarpov-i-16-type-24/
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »

Very nice!!!!
The plane has a star on the tail, but not on the fuselage; this means that is no more painted in solid green as for prewar standard, but in green/black under the white strokes. It has a door on the right side, so it is a type 24 or successive (it's written on the link too).
I suppose that it was utilized as assault plane with rockets under the wings, as it was often for overhauled I-16s. Could the thing on the ground be a rocket rail?
Compared to the profile, I would move the star a bit forward , and make the number less oblique.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:45 AM »

Passed on this thread to an associate who did this skin for a video game.

You see people do pay attention to this site in regards to colours. Grin
learstang

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:54:06 AM »

Very nice!  It'd be great if he could pass on some accurate Il-2 schemes to Wings of Prey and the to-be-released World of Warplanes.  I've contacted both and tried to direct them to this site, but without any success.  You'd think that Russian programmers would be able to get the most important Soviet warplane of the GPW done correctly, but sadly no.  They seem to be more concerned with getting the German and British aeroplanes accurately camouflaged.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »

Hi,
very accurate work indeed. He did an accurate painting trying to copy each single blotch. I like it very much!
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: