Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-16 Type29 1:48 from Eduard
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 10:43:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-16 Type29 1:48 from Eduard  (Read 8218 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »

Hi,
here is my I-16 Type29 1:48 from EDUARD in colors of 16th IAP from Autumn 1941.
Kit was built straight out of the box, some PE part for cockpit and masks for canopy were included.

I used 1941-43 color scheme - black AMT-6 / green AMT-4 upper surface, blue AMT-7 undersurface. That green could also be AII Green, but I haven't it that time, so I decided for what was available for me and possible for the autumn 1941.

I hope to like them and that there is not too many "fatal errors" Wink
Happy modeling.

Regards,
   66misos

Camo scheme according to the instructions is quite similar to those pictures, so I followed them:

This is fresh coat of AMT-4,6,7:

And this is finished model:

B_Realistic

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »

This is a great looking I-16. Shocked
I don't bother concerning with flaws if there are eventualy. Cheesy
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »

Nice model indeed. It looks convincing, I would like to see photos of the real thing.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »

Very, very nice Ishak, 66misos!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »

Nice model indeed. It looks convincing, I would like to see photos of the real thing.

True, nice model.  Too bad the real plane did not exist...  Smiley Except in Pilavskii's imagination...  Smiley

Eduard's I-16 Type 29 relayed heavily on Pilawskii - 3 out of 4 decal options are Pilawskii's interpretations (fantasies)

1. 156 iap, winter 1941-42 - "Yellow 45" photos are not known (except to Pilawskii), 156 iap was armed with I-16s, but those were probably camouflaged in black/green scheme

2. 16 iap, autumn 1941 - total fiction, 16 iap was armed with MiG-3s, no known photos of the "Red 9"

from http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Markings/I16/type29/index.php

3. 7 iak PVO, spring 1942 - logo "For NOTHING" is ridiculous, blue tail is fiction.  One ?White 1? photo exists

Logo is obscured, but it doesn?t mean that there was nothing after ?For ??.  Plane belonged to 178 iap PVO, 6th iak, not 7 iak.

IMHO, those wrong/fictional regiments and names are quite irritating. What do others think about this?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:05:03 PM by KL » Logged
B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »

KL,

I think I will use the book from Pilavskii to make some heat for the winter. Cheesy
It's good that we've got this forum to correct the flaws.
Nevertheless I think it's a good I-16. Grin

Michel
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »

Hi,
thank you for your reply.
This is another lesson that one cannot believe 100% to kit instructions or to everything what is on the internet.

Here http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Markings/I16/type29/index.php I found info for this camo:
I-16 Type 29 "Red 9" was photographed in service with an unknown regiment in Moscow (which can be identified in the photo background), probably at Vnukovo, during the fall of 1941. The pilot is given as "Lt. Vershin"; an officer still unidentified at the time of writing.

The time and location of the photograph tend to support the idea that this aircraft might have belonged to the 16 IAP, but for now the exact unit is not known. This machine wore a known camouflage pattern in an AII Green/Black over Blue application similar to our example, "White 75". However, as the starboard side is not seen in the photograph, I did not attempt to draw it; but the scheme's pattern should be similar to the example. The colours in this case seemed to be freshly applied, and all aspects of the finish point to a newly manufactured aircraft.

The spinner was delightfully painted in red, as was the tactical numeral on the rudder. An inscription on the port fuselage reads, "Death to Invaders", this probably in yellow and completed with an attractive 'old fashioned' type lettering. A red flash was present on the tip of the fin/rudder.

"Red 9" wore plain red star national markings in four positions, as shown. The aircraft was an earlier pattern Type 29 with the starboard oil cooler intake, and was photographed wearing two 'fairing type' external fuel tanks.

I spent literally hours browsing internet and looking for this photo. There are may be hundreds of I-16 photos, but I did not found this particular one.
However, I am still learning and looking for the best source about VVS. And that is the reason I am finally here, on these pages. Smiley

Regards,
   66misos

PS: The irony is that I had in my hands also boxes with I-16 "3a CCCP" and "3a Сталина". I chose this one because it looked more attractive for me. Cry

B_Realistic

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »

I also found a picture and the colors from my I-16 Type 10 on Hobbyvista and it also seems it has the wrong colors. Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: