Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Academy Re-Release of AM Ski-Equipped Single-Seater
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:57:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Academy Re-Release of AM Ski-Equipped Single-Seater  (Read 3775 times)
learstang

« on: July 25, 2012, 12:41:37 AM »

I see where Academy have just re-released the Accurate Miniatures 1/48th scale ski-equipped single-seater.  Nice kit, but unfortunately it still has the metal rear fuselage, which apparently the ski-equipped versions didn't have.  Now if only they'd finally release the 1/72nd scale straight-winged two-seater, which I know they have the moulds for (it seems they obtained them from AM the same time they obtained the moulds for the 1/72nd scale single-seater), then all would be well (for the moment!).

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Troy Smith

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »

If anyone is interested or unaware of the kit, [well the AM boxing for certain, but the wheels are in the middle of a sprue]  contains the wheeled undercarrige too, the skis are the added sprue, so can be made a standard single seater as well.

Wonder if they will have the sense to re-do the Eduard boxing of the kit, which was the only issue of a straight wing 2 seater.[they used the straight single seaterwing and the arrow fuselage] and is now quite hard and/or expensive to get.

cheers
T
learstang

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:10:12 AM »

That's a good idea, Troy.  I hope they do that.  I have the Eduard "kit-bash", and it's a very nice kit.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »

Hi,
there are two small differences between the metal wings of the singleseater and of twoseater, that are the deletion of the wing balances and relative nervure under the wings, and the installation of 2 rocket rails instead of 4 under each wing, but it won't be a problem for a modeler.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 06:03:46 PM »

Hi,
there are two small differences between the metal wings of the singleseater and of twoseater, that are the deletion of the wing balances and relative nervure under the wings, and the installation of 2 rocket rails instead of 4 under each wing, but it won't be a problem for a modeler.
Regards
Massimo

You're correct about that Massimo - Eduard are nice enough to point that out in their instructions.  I'm filling in the holes for the anti-flutter balances right now.  One item that they don't have is the fabric-covered ailerons for the metal wing on the straight-winged two-seater, since they used the single-seater kit's metal wing.  I'm probably going to leave mine as is - I don't think it will be that noticeable.  I suppose you could reproduce the fabric-covered effect by carefully taping the ailerons to protect the metal areas and sanding the areas that were fabric.  I might even try that.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: