Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Greetings from Kazakhstan!
Sovietwarplanes
April 23, 2024, 10:43:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Kazakhstan!  (Read 6555 times)
JP
Administrator

« on: August 21, 2012, 10:35:46 AM »

I've been out traveling the globe.  Sorry for not checking in sooner.  I'm far from home and currently in the mountains of Kazakhstan, so not much modeling going on here, unless you consider this an audition for the Eddie Bauer catalog!

Hope all is well with everyone and the world of Soviet avation.   Wink  Hope to be back home in a few weeks and get my hands back on some plasic!

JP
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:18:53 PM by JP » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »

Hi JP,
interesting place to go on mountains. I see a good amount of snow there.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

JP,

Kazakhstan has one of the most beautiful SU-27's from 'The Snow Leopards of the Seven Rivers'.

Michel
learstang

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

John, see if you can't find an abandoned Il-2 in the mountains for me.  It doesn't have to be in great shape.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »

You're lucky - I have a very good friend who came to Canada from Kazakhstan. I always wanted to go there. If you run into anyone named Mikhailyuk, say hi from someone who knows Vassiliy! Cheesy
Enjoy yourself!

John
JP
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »

Time for me to pop up again, I guess.  I'm back in the US.  However, the day after I returned, my father gave in to a long battle with cancer and died.  I had gone home in May to help take care of him, as he was bedridden and unable to care for himself.  I asked the military to cancel my travels so I could help him get set up with the care he needed, but they declined.  So I spent roughly 24 hours traveling to get home, and woke up the next morning to news he was gone.  On the same day I was informed of the death of my father, someone very close to me surrendered to a personality disorder and has caused quite serious damage.  Concurrent with those two things, I started an accelerated master's degree program that was scheduled before I left on my travels.  I am frankly in over my head with real life issues at the moment.

This may be more information than is typically shared in a general modeling forum, but I thought you should know.  I still have a passion for modeling, but unfortunately I have other things demanding my time.  I shared the passwords for administrative control of the entire site to Massimo some time ago and so he has more or less full control of the site.  Please, do continue the "farcical efforts" of this "amateurish, half-baked and thoroughly unconvincing extant site", if for no other reason than to keep E.P.'s own personality disorder fires alight for all to see.  Roll Eyes  If Massimo should decide on taking on some help for the management of the site, that would be fine.  In the meantime, I will make sure the lights stay on here, so no worries there.  I can still pay the bills.  Smiley

I do hope to change things for the better, and soon.  Believe me when I say I would MUCH rather be quietly passing time at the workbench than dealing with what's currently on my table.  In the meantime, model on good people!
learstang

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 04:47:47 AM »

Sorry to hear about how things are going, John.  Here's hoping they get better soon!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:51:14 AM »

Hi JP,
I am very displeased for the death of your father and all the contemporary events that have made your life difficult. I really hope that you 'll resolve them and return here to Sovietwarplanes that you have founded.
Please, email me again the basic instructions on bills payment and passwords, so I can put them in evidence on the desktop. I hope that someone here on the forum will help me.
Best regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »

Hang in there, JP! Wow - that's a lot to bear in a very short time. I'm especially sorry to hear about your father; as much as we mourn our loved ones at times like this, I hope you can find consolation in the knowledge that he's finally at peace.

Best regards;
John
B_Realistic

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »

JP,

much strengh in these difficult days.

Michel
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: