Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New page on Il2-37
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 07:13:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New page on Il2-37  (Read 6703 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: August 31, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »

Hi,
I've uploaded a page on the Il-2 with NS-37 gun pods at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/ns-37/ns-37.html.
I've uploaded both photos and color drawings, some already drawn for the book of Jason, some drawn in the latest days.
One is here (for those who love bad paintings)

Please, let me know any suggestion.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »

Massimo,

The Il-2 begins to be one of my favourite birds.
The different skins are great.
I love it to make more Il-2's.

Michel
learstang

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:20:10 AM »

Massimo,

The Il-2 begins to be one of my favourite birds.
The different skins are great.
I love it to make more Il-2's.

Michel

It should be, Michel.  Give in to the Dark Side!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 07:22:46 AM »

Hi Michel, thank you for your appreciation.
Hi Jason,
I'll send to you the high resolution files, if you want them. Note that I've modified the camouflage of the lower and front view, compared to what you already received, to match the upper view of the shown planes.
By the way, which kits allow to make this type? The Zvezda, if I don't miss, that is not so exceptional. Any other one?
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:54:49 PM »

Hi,
look at these images:

This is an early Il2-37 (the barrel of the 37 mm gun is visible on the photo below) with black-green camo and later type stars, probably in winter 1943/44.
The strange thing is that there is a black band on the fuselage that covers the stars and possibly a number.
What could this be? A repair made hurrily on the fuselage, or the action of some souvenir hunter? If so, is it possible that the wooden fuselage was painted black under the fabric? I would have expected a light color of yellowish putty or natural wood instead of this.
Now, I know that many Lavochkins were painted black inside the rear fuselage. Is it likely that this was made on Il-2s too?
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:12:23 PM »

Massimo, that appears too regular to be ripped up fabric by a souvenir-hunter.  Also it doesn't take in all the star, and continues onto the top of the fuselage.  It looks more like some crude repainting, possibly because of a repair.  I notice I hadn't answered your previous question - regarding kits for the 37mm version, the Zvezda kit is an arrow, as is the new Hobby Boss kit.  The new Academy straight-winged two-seater has the parts for the 37mm cannons, but it is metal-winged (weren't the 37mm-armed examples produced at Zavod 30, and therefore with wooden-covered outer wings?).  Probably the best kit, if you wished to do the 37mm example, would be a re-branding of the Dakoplast kit, such as Eastern Express (although you never know if it is the metal-winged Toko mould in the box) or Modelist.  In 1/32nd scale, the Hobby Boss straight-winged two-seater has the parts for the 37mm cannons, but not the proper decals.  I'm not including some arrow kits that incorrectly have the 37mm cannons.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Dark Green Man

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:40 PM »

(weren't the 37mm-armed examples produced at Zavod 30, and therefore with wooden-covered outer wings?). 

correct !
they were also all built with 'straight' (Regular) wings as you have also pointed out.
the Dakoplast kit has the correct wings and gun pods.
the E-E kit with a Toko kit inside incorrectly had swept metal wings.
I'm planning on using Eduard kit 8165 (1/48) to do one with 37mm guns.
this means a lot of putty and sanding for the wings and removing the 23mm gun fairings.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
learstang

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:35:24 AM »

Good luck on that, Paul!  I have the Eduard "kitbash" of the Accurate Miniatures kits - it's a good kit.  It would be nice to see it as a 37mm example.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: