Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Engine Detail Set for 1/72 Il-2
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 12:27:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Detail Set for 1/72 Il-2  (Read 5175 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: September 07, 2012, 11:38:46 PM »

This looks interesting - a resin engine detail set from Detail Model, for the Il-2 in 1/72:
https://www.modelimex.com/1-72-il-2-engine-set-edu-dako

I'd have to dig a bit to understand the external differences between the AM-38 of the Il-2 and the AM-35A of the MiG-3, but maybe parts from this set could be adapted to the MiG-3 as well.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:38:16 AM »

Hi John,
The AM-38 could be converted into AM-35A by filling the four small holes on the sides and adding the recesses for the oil coolers on their place. I don't remember if something changes  on the supercharger, then there is the syncro system. It's very possible, in brief.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »

Thanks, Massimo! Maybe I'll try it - I don't know. I already have too many projects (and other things) going on now.

John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »

John, I have the full detail set from Detail Model, and it includes the engine.  It's very nicely-done (I wish the Hobby Boss engine were as complete!).  That's an interesting idea about converting it into an AM-35.  I don't think there were many external differences between the two, but Massimo of course knows a lot more about the AM-35 and MiG-3.  It should also be possible to convert it into an AM-42, if you wished to super detail the KP Il-10.  Not a bad idea, really.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:52:44 PM »

It should also be possible to convert it into an AM-42, if you wished to super detail the KP Il-10.  Not a bad idea, really.

Regards,

Jason

Great - now I'll have to buy 4 or 5 of them... Thanks (I think)!

John
learstang

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »

It should also be possible to convert it into an AM-42, if you wished to super detail the KP Il-10.  Not a bad idea, really.

Regards,

Jason

Great - now I'll have to buy 4 or 5 of them... Thanks (I think)!

John

You're welcome!  Just to make things even more expensive, if you really want to do a super-detailed Il-10, you need to get the Kora interior detail set.  And of course the Kagero(?) Il-10 book with the decals.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
erussell

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »

you need to get the Kora interior detail set.  And of course the Kagero(?) Il-10 book with the decals

Not Kagero but the Mark One Dozen Set - so you better buy 12 of each (:>)

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/books/il10bookreviewse_1.htm

I have it and it's quite good. I don't see myself making a dozen of anything but it's nice to have so much choice.

Good luck finding this though.....

http://www.joesmodels.com/a_kora/images_kora_aces_7308.jpg

although it doesn't look so hard to scratchbuild if you have the book.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:56:46 AM by erussell » Logged
learstang

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »

You are correct, sir, about the book.  It wasn't Kagero.  By the way, that publisher (4+), does a very nice book, in English, on the Il-2 arrow (it doesn't include decals, however, as it's not a part of the "Mark I Ltd. dozen set" series.  I just wish they'd do a book on the straight-winged versions, with decals, and release a book on the arrow with decals.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: