Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Another n.6
Sovietwarplanes
April 23, 2024, 10:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another n.6  (Read 3077 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: September 11, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »

This Il-2, probably photographed in 1944, is interesting because combines elements of 1942 (the plane itself and its camouflage) with other ones of late 1943/44 (the marks).

The white outline on its tail and some traces of winter finish make this plane even more interesting.

The base camo looks that of Zavod 30, modified with an extension of the black bands on the rear fuselage. This factory produced Il-2s with wooden outer wing panels.

It's possible, but not sure, that this plane was equipped with a dust filter on the carburettor's intake.

learstang

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »

If it is 1944, this aeroplane would have had the carburettor intake external filter (all Il-2's were apparently fitted with these in 1942, even those that weren't produced with them).  If this is 1944, then that is a very rare bird indeed; not many single-seaters would have lasted that long.  I wonder if anyone has seen a photograph of a single-seater in the three-colour scheme?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: