Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Su-2 survivors?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:39:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Su-2 survivors?  (Read 5673 times)
warhawk

« on: September 09, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »

Any original survivors and what version are they?

Thеsе seem to me like replicas...

Also, what about  this one?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:04:39 PM by warhawk » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »

Hi,
I think it's the very same one with another painting.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

But are these replicas or the real deal?
KL

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »

But are these replicas or the real deal?

Replicas!

Real "WWII survivors" in Soviet Union/Russia are rare as chicken teeth.  Maybe half a dozen planes survived out of about 150,000 planes made between 1941 and 1945...

No Il-2 survived, no LaGG-3 / La-5, no Yak-7 survived... the list is long.. and no Su-2 survived 
learstang

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »

Konstantin is correct; that "aeroplane" appears to be at Poklonnaya Hill, the site of Victory Park and the Museum of the Great Patriotic War, which is full of replicas (La-5, LaGG-3, single-seater Il-2, which however appears to be a two-seater restored to look like a single-seater, etc.).  What's amazing is how few aircraft were set aside.  Not a single Il-2, out of 36,163 produced, was set aside for preservation in the Soviet Union (The Poles, Czechs, Bulgarians, and Yugoslavians all set one aside).  Not a single one.  The Shturmoviks you see now in Russia are restored wrecks or replicas.  I'm not surprised that's not a real Su-2 as relatively few were produced.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: