Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Su-7BKL camera pod
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 04:39:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Su-7BKL camera pod  (Read 8882 times)
ReccePhreak

« on: October 22, 2012, 11:56:23 PM »

I read somewhere that the Sukhoi Su-7BKL could be configured for reconnaissance missions, with a CMR-930-00 camera pod. A Google search turned up nothing (as usual). Does anybody have any info (drawings/photos) on this pod?  I would absolutely love to build one of these planes as a recce version.

Larry
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »

That's a bit of a stumper, alright! I've looked in several places and found nothing, so far. Where did you find that camera pod designation? Was that pod used on any other aircraft (MiG-21, perhaps)?

John
ReccePhreak

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 03:38:08 AM »

I thought the info was in a recent book I had downloaded, but I went through all of them and couldn't find the mention. I know it was an English-language book or document I had read, not a translation. That's what I get, for not properly documenting my references.  Cry

Larry
B_Realistic

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »

Try ARC Forum maybe they can help.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »

I thought the info was in a recent book I had downloaded, but I went through all of them and couldn't find the mention. I know it was an English-language book or document I had read, not a translation. That's what I get, for not properly documenting my references.  Cry

Larry

The reason I asked about the MiG-21 was because Pavla makes a 1/72 MiG-21R upgrade set which includes the type D photo recon pod; I suspect the Su-7BKL may have used an earlier design, though:
http://www.pavlamodels.cz/katalogy/detail.php?k=air&m=72&c=31&styl=styly.css

I also found an online reference which includes drawings of MiG-21 pods:
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/AirWar/114/Draw/09.jpg

...but nothing on the Su-7 so far.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »

Has it anything to do with the pod used on Su-22?
Regards
Massimo
ReccePhreak

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:25:02 PM »

John,

I doubt it was one of the MiG-21 recce pods, but I can't be sure. I do have a couple of those pods in resin in 1/48 scale (my preferred scale), and was planning on either using one on my Academy 1/48 MiG-21MF, or get an Eduard MiG-21MF to put it on. Of course, I am HOPING that Eduard will release an actual MiG-21R, with a plastic pod. I have one of the Eduard 1/48 MiG-21bis kits to make as a Finnish AF recce. The Finnish markings in the box are actually for one of the planes that Finland converted and used as a recce, with a modified Vinten recce pod.

Massimo,

I doubt if the Su-22's recce pod was out early enough to be used on the Su-7BKL, but I did read that the Egyptian AF used Vinten pods on their Su-7BKL's for the recce role. So, even without photographic proof, I can do one that way.

Larry
AC26

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »

I have one of the Eduard 1/48 MiG-21bis kits to make as a Finnish AF recce. The Finnish markings in the box are actually for one of the planes that Finland converted and used as a recce, with a modified Vinten recce pod.
Hi Larry,

I just checked from tha Apali book by Laukkanen about Finnish MiG-21's, that this plane was recon-converted and re-painted with low-vis markings at the same time. If you change the number to MG-114, 124 or 125 then large markings can be used.

Cheers,

AaCee
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: