Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2M3 of Zavod 18
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 07:08:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2M3 of Zavod 18  (Read 3782 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: October 27, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »

Hi all'
I'm attempting to make some order about the camouflage of Il-2M3 built in Z.18, whose pattern was much less standardized than the one of Z.1 and 30.

I have the impression that many planes are characterized by an inversion, at least partial, in the positions of brown and green; besides the rudder looks often painted in light brown (a thing seen on many Il-4 too, but they were built by another factory).
Some examples:

Other similar ones:

(here I think I'll retrace the wing pattern as the previous one)

a famous one, not yet drawn

looks similar to the previous one, I don't understand if the inversion between green and brown is complete or should exclude the fuselage.

again the brown rudder.

I see many points in common with the painting of Il-10s  shown at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il10/camoww2/camoww2.htm

Any ideas on the inversion of colors and on the painting of control surfaces?
Regards
Massimo

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:39 PM »

Hi, here is a drawing of the plane of the photo above.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:21:18 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: