Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM U-2/Po-2VS Now Available
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 11:53:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM U-2/Po-2VS Now Available  (Read 11047 times)
learstang

« on: November 01, 2012, 06:51:13 AM »

It looks like the ICM Po-2 is now available - http://www.jadarhobby.pl/icm-72241-u2po2vs-172-p-31151.html  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who purchases what they think about the kit.  This site says it's $7.81USD which seems very reasonable.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
warhawk

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »

Actually it is super affordable!
learstang

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »

Actually it is super affordable!

Yes; surprisingly so.  I hope that's not a misprint on this site.  I'll have to see what it's going for on other sites, like Hannants (I don't think it's shown up there yet, but I'll have a look).

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
AC26

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »

It looks like the ICM Po-2 is now available - http://www.jadarhobby.pl/icm-72241-u2po2vs-172-p-31151.html  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who purchases what they think about the kit.

Hi Jason!

I just studied it a little. Short summary:
Wartime production machine with short exhausts. Wheels and skies. Bombs and mg for observer.

Main dimensions OK. Very nice and comprehensive detailing. Shapes mainly OK, horizontal tail might be too pointed? Also skies has too simplified support struts: There should be four struts.

I have had fit problems with older ICM Polikarpovs, so I was a bit sceptic in this... And here are: Location pins in fuselage in wrong places and fuselage wider than slot in the wing. I can't comment wing struts etc. so far.

Shortly: Nice, well detailed kit but needs careful assembling.

Cheers,

AaCee
learstang

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »

So, in other words, a typical ICM kit!  Thank you for the report, AaCee!  I'll no doubt be picking one up.  And whatever problems it might have, I do hope they come out with their I-153 soon.

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 06:45:46 AM »

I wonder if there is still space for the old kits of KP, maybe for a kitbashing. In fact they have options as the wing pods that are missing in the ICM for now.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 07:54:01 AM »

Well I'm not throwing out my old KP kit, especially since I bought AM decals and an extensive (and expensive) PE set for it.  I still think they're decent kits.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Walker

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »

Preparing to release in 1/72  set M-11D engine:

The second set will contain exhaust pipes and air screw for U-2VS.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »

Hi Walker,
impressive.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »

Hi,
what are exactly the differences between this kit

and this?

I suppose that the first one has bombs and a rear mg while the second one has pods for loads and wounded on its wings.
Who can add anything more? How about the proposed painting instructions?
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »

This is all the differences.
TISO

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »

Now the big version of the kit in 1/48 is available:
http://hobbyterra.com/product/u-2-po-2-ww2-soviet-multi-purpose-aircraft-in-1-48-scale-icm-48251.html

http://www.icm.com.ua/news/348-u-2po-2-wwii-soviet-multi-purpose-aircraft.html

I seems the initial version is "plain" U-2 (no bombs or cargo pods) but it does have skies. Seems like upscaled 1/48 version of their "onetruescale" U-2  Grin

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »

Now the big version of the kit in 1/48 is available:
http://hobbyterra.com/product/u-2-po-2-ww2-soviet-multi-purpose-aircraft-in-1-48-scale-icm-48251.html

http://www.icm.com.ua/news/348-u-2po-2-wwii-soviet-multi-purpose-aircraft.html

I seems the initial version is "plain" U-2 (no bombs or cargo pods) but it does have skies. Seems like upscaled 1/48 version of their "onetruescale" U-2  Grin

The "one true scale" - so true! Still, it's always nice to see new VVS kits released, whatever the scale. Now if only ICM (or anyone!) would come out with a new-mould Il-4 in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »

According to "kotey" from Begemot Decals, in a thread on ARC, Begemot's next decal sheet after the Su-2 will be the Po-2, with 78 options on the sheet. This will probably (as usual) be released in both 1/72 and 1/48 scales. I've resisted buying the ICM 1/72 kit; maybe now is the time... Grin

John
Javier Planells

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »

Well, I just got on the mail the Begemot decal sheet, a week ago. It's brutal. So many sanitary and civilian versions you just don't know where to start. Military versions are well cattered for, as well.

Where I live, Argentina, the ICM kit is a bit expensive. The price/salary/cost of life relation is a bit crappy here. So I'm sticking to the good old KP kit, much more affordable. Now I have to get my hands on the ABC Modelfarb knock-off for the overwing carriers.

AB Models have released several variants of the U-2. Two or three sanitary versions and the three seater. Basic KP kit and resin fuselage, upper wing with extra fuel tank. I believe they go for something like 15 Euros or so.

Now all I need is for Valentin Muchichko to make mends with ICM to produce his astonishing R-5 series.

(Dreaming is priceless, I know Tongue )

Playing the mandolin is like tossing darts at people: when you do they move their feet rather quick!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: