Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Soviet P-39 pictures needed
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:40:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Soviet P-39 pictures needed  (Read 10056 times)
Marcin Widomski

« on: December 05, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »

Hi
I need some orginal pictures of Soviet P-39 to be published in Polish military journal Lotnictwo. I have only two in my collection. If enyone could share his pictures I would be gratefull. All copyrihts will be preserved.
I'm finishing a huge article (more than 50k of fonts) about history and pilots of P-39 in VVS.
FPSOlkor

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »

Hi
I need some orginal pictures of Soviet P-39 to be published in Polish military journal Lotnictwo. I have only two in my collection. If enyone could share his pictures I would be gratefull. All copyrihts will be preserved.
I'm finishing a huge article (more than 50k of fonts) about history and pilots of P-39 in VVS.
Some partial images available...
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:27:15 PM »

It would be great Oleg. Could yoy please send me some samples on:
widomski@fenix.pol.lublin.pl
Thank you.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »

Hi Marcin, Smiley
this work looks interesting. Are you thinking to an English translation too?
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 10:12:55 PM »

Depends on following:
1. If the article is not going to be of assaulting nature against Soviet Union
2. If the article is not going to be of assaulting nature agains pilots

Unluckally, quite a lot of polish "historians" tend to produce political, rather than historical articles.
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »

There are not any unjust assualting thesis against the Soviet Union and its pilots in this paper. It will contain the history of P-39 (I wrote about difficult conditions in aviational industry and drawbacks of Soviet fighters in 1941) in VVS, brief story of intriducing it to combat, history of 9 GIAD and some chosen units from different locations and personally A. Pokryshkin. But when I wrote about some pilots fates during WWII I mentioned investigations by SMIERSh after returning or escaping from captivity (acording to order No 270 from 1941) and I mentioned taking Sultan's Amet-Khan brother to Gulag during represions faced from NKVD by Tatars in Crimea. Only facts not anticommunist crusade. I'm not going to produce articles in R. Michulec or M. Wawrzynski style.
Massimo - I don't know, telling the truth.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:54:38 PM by Marcin Widomski » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:42:05 PM »

Hi Marcin, Smiley
what a pity...
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 07:50:08 PM »

There are not any unjust assualting thesis against the Soviet Union and its pilots in this paper. It will contain the history of P-39 (I wrote about difficult conditions in aviational industry and drawbacks of Soviet fighters in 1941) in VVS, brief story of intriducing it to combat, history of 9 GIAD and some chosen units from different locations and personally A. Pokryshkin. But when I wrote about some pilots fates during WWII I mentioned investigations by SMIERSh after returning or escaping from captivity (acording to order No 270 from 1941) and I mentioned taking Sultan's Amet-Khan brother to Gulag during represions faced from NKVD by Tatars in Crimea. Only facts not anticommunist crusade. I'm not going to produce articles in R. Michulec or M. Wawrzynski style.
Massimo - I don't know, telling the truth.
Ok, sounds good enough. If the images will be accepted, feel free to use them, but i still have the copyright. Confirm the photos arrival here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:07:11 PM by FPSOlkor » Logged
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »

Thank you Oleg.
I've just recieved pictures.
FPSOlkor

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:22 PM »

Thank you Oleg.
I've just recieved pictures.
Are they any good for you? Correct spelling will be SmerSh. About A. Pokryshkin - according to latest research done by Mikhail Bykov he has a bit less official victories, than usually anticipated (46?).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:26:43 PM by FPSOlkor » Logged
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 03:09:19 PM »

The pictures are OK. Thank you once more. Spelling corrected.
FPSOlkor

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »

Quote from: Marcin Widomski link=topic=146.msg1072#msg1072 date=11. 65932559
The pictures are OK. Thank you once more. Spelling corrected.
I'd like to say that i would also like to read the article in english. May be Massimo would post it on this site?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 10:33:31 PM »

Hi,  Smiley
it would be great, but I am not able translate from Polish.
Massimo
FPSOlkor

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »

Hi,? Smiley
it would be great, but I am not able translate from Polish.
Massimo
I meant english version Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: