Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
"red 9" I-16 type 29 16 IAP Moscow 1941
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:16:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "red 9" I-16 type 29 16 IAP Moscow 1941  (Read 3898 times)
xan

« on: November 10, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

Helo, A freind of mine is building an I-16 type 29.
Eduard proposes this decoration:

with this text:

It is believed this ?Red Nine? served with 16.IAP at Moscow in the tough days of fall, 1941, when the German offensive on Moscow
was revved-up. The aircraft wears the standard early war (1941-1943) camouflage pattern with dark green/black upper surfaces and
light blue lower surfaces. The spinner, as well as the tail tip, was painted red, and the inscription (?Death to Invaders!?) was most
probably yellow. No significant weathering is seen on this aircraft. The aircraft has the early type of front cowling, with the single
squared bottom right-side oil cooler air intake.

I never see pics of this plane; does anyone have something about it ?

Thanks

Xan

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »

Hi Xan,

I had the same questions when building mine, see my post at http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1386.0

Let me pick up the quote from KL:
True, nice model.  Too bad the real plane did not exist...   Except in Pilavskii's imagination...
Eduard's I-16 Type 29 relayed heavily on Pilawskii - 3 out of 4 decal options are Pilawskii's interpretations (fantasies)
Happy modeling Wink

Regards,
     66misos

xan

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »

All right, another pilawskii's collateral damage
thank'e to you and to mister K
 Wink

Xan 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: