Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New models in 2013 and wishlist
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 04:59:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New models in 2013 and wishlist  (Read 19001 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »

Hi Musa, excellent choice indeed.
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »

Thanks John, Massimo! Early to say thanks.  Grin

Thank you Bert for links! I am always surprised when a producer shows such small images, so for them to understand that it is impossible. In that case, I always think that a manufacturer comes not very honest. However, the model of this size for 46 Euro, in my opinion should be perfect.
But unfortunately it is not:

The other day I got a few books on the La-9 and La-11, technical descriptions, along with the theory of the airframe. There is a good chance to make a very accurate model.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »

Hi Musa,
do you mean that it has too thick leading edges?
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »

Hi Massimo,
Yes, profile wing and stabilizer incorrect. Contours of the cowl is questionable.
Bert

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »

Hi,
I know that Steelwork La-9/11 are not cheap. But resin kits are genereally not cheap, not in Russia and not in Germany. Unfortunately in Germany resin kits have to be more expensive because (often) living costs are higher than in Russia.

Imperfection of Steelwork La-9/11? I didn't studied these kits in detail by now. But they are more perfect than MPM/Siga/Interavia Grin I agree that images by steelwork are too small and a little diffuse but Uwe from Steelwork is a good modeller. I know the guy.

To build a accurate model of La-9/11 is also a wish of me. But I (and Steelwork too) have only images of the original but no drawings or technical descriptions. So it is not easy to make a very accurate model Embarrassed
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »

Hi Bert,
I know, it's enormously better than the MPM/Siga kits. I have two of them and they look an hard work indeed.
All the resin kits are expensive. It's my problem that I have my attic full of models still to build. But the most of them are kits priced 10 or 20 euros waiting for years and years.
Now, if I start to buy models of 40 euros and let them there, all things will be worse. I'll be buried with my treasure of kits, I fear.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

I don't buy resin kits anymore due to the fact that they are too expensive for the quality you get.
But there are exceptions off course.
I also had a stash and I swapped it at a hobby shop for nothing less then VVS aircraft. Cheesy
Now my stash is less and I'm sure that I build it.
Walker

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »

Hi,
I know that Steelwork La-9/11 are not cheap. But resin kits are genereally not cheap, not in Russia and not in Germany. Unfortunately in Germany resin kits have to be more expensive because (often) living costs are higher than in Russia.
Hi Bert,
Maybe your friend is a good modeller, but La-9 and La-11 had turned out badly. Sorry, but it's true.
You are mistaken. If you talk about the price of human life in Russia, it is absolutely worthless. But when it comes to cost of living, clothing, food, etc. you could do it cheaper. While the level of wages in Russia tiny compared to yours. So sometimes I just do not understand why a good model, worth 25 euro is for you dear.
Sorry for offtopic.
None of the materials I buy to work not produced in Russia they get it from other countries, in particular from the United States. So they cost me more than your resin models manufacturers . But all the same price for the model to be more accurate, and in which there will be more details in my performance, will be no more than 25 euro. In almost half the price. It's not that I do not appreciate my work, it's because I will not be able to sell their model at a higher price.

I don't buy resin kits anymore due to the fact that they are too expensive for the quality you get.

Maybe you just not have across a normal model?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:32:30 PM by Walker » Logged
B_Realistic

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »

Hi,
Hi Bert,
Maybe your friend is a good modeller, but La-9 and La-11 had turned out badly. Sorry, but it's true.
You are mistaken. If you talk about the price of human life in Russia, it is absolutely worthless. But when it comes to cost of living, clothing, food, etc. you could do it cheaper. While the level of wages in Russia tiny compared to yours. So sometimes I just do not understand why a good model, worth 25 euro is for you dear.
Sorry for offtopic.
None of the materials I buy to work not produced in Russia they get it from other countries, in particular from the United States. So they cost me more than your resin models manufacturers . But all the same price for the model to be more accurate, and in which there will be more details in my performance, will be no more than 25 euro. In almost half the price. It's not that I do not appreciate my work, it's because I will not be able to sell their model at a higher price.

Maybe you just not have across a normal model?

Walker,

It's like I said that there are exceptions. Thing is that when you wait enough there will be plastic manufacturers which will produce the model.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 08:03:40 PM »

Hi Bert,
I know, it's enormously better than the MPM/Siga kits. I have two of them and they look an hard work indeed.
All the resin kits are expensive. It's my problem that I have my attic full of models still to build. But the most of them are kits priced 10 or 20 euros waiting for years and years.
Now, if I start to buy models of 40 euros and let them there, all things will be worse. I'll be buried with my treasure of kits, I fear.
Regards
Massimo

Yes, you're right - very hard work Wink:

I won't try to list all the many things I did to it to make even this not-very-good model! I also have a very large storage of unbuilt kits just like you do; maybe B_Realistic's solution is the right one - trade them at the hobby shop.

Walker,
It's like I said that there are exceptions. Thing is that when you wait enough there will be plastic manufacturers which will produce the model.

Well, I think you'll find that Prop & Jet kits are much, much better than the usual resin kits. Like I said somewhere else, they are the Tamiya of resin models.

I'd like to think that you are right about waiting, but I've been waiting (and asking) for good 1/72 injection-molded styrene kits of such aircraft as the Yak-1b for about 15 years, and so far, nothing! It seems that Russian aircraft of the GPW are almost completely ignored by the large kit manufacturers, or even the small manufacturers. It's ridiculous! That's why I'm grateful to Amodel and ICM for the kits they've produced, even if some of them are not easy to build.

John
Walker

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »

John, Yak-1b, at 1:72 in development of a famous Ukrainian company for several years, so there was no point in doing it. Due out soon. Will be cast in resin.

John offers to compare this model La-9 with these two photos:

Hopefully mistakes in the model list is not necessary. It is "130", the prototype of the La-9, with minor differences in the details.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:04:18 AM by Walker » Logged
B_Realistic

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »

John,

but Prop&Jet don't make 1/48 kits. ? Huh

Michel
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »

John, Yak-1b, at 1:72 in development of a famous Ukrainian company for several years, so there was no point in doing it. Due out soon. Will be cast in resin.

John offers to compare this model La-9 with these two photos:
Hopefully mistakes in the model list is not necessary. It is "130", the prototype of the La-9, with minor differences in the details.

Hi Musa! Yes, I've heard about the resin Yak-1b from Armory, but I thought maybe they had decided not to produce it. The last time I asked them about it was almost a year ago when they were having problems with the wings.

Thank you for the images of aircraft "130" - very good photos!

John

(Something I forgot - AZ also said they were going to make an injection-molded styrene 1/72 Yak-1b, but they decided not to do it for some unknown reason and gave this project to Fly Models. Now perhaps you understand why I'm frustrated...  Angry)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:51:44 PM by John Thompson » Logged
TISO

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 12:42:55 AM »

Hope Zvezda will finally make the Yak-1b. Their quality is rather good
AZ has very variable quality (avoid their spits and wildcats). Fly models are very short run kits at least Whitley and Ca-101 that i have

Disciple of Error
B_Realistic

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »

But there is a Yak-1b from Modelsvit.
Isn't that a good model?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: