Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New models in 2013 and wishlist
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New models in 2013 and wishlist  (Read 19000 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »

But there is a Yak-1b from Modelsvit.
Isn't that a good model?

On the contrary, it's apparently an excellent model; in fact, I've been tempted several times to buy it, but it's the wrong scale! Wink

John
Walker

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »

but it's the wrong scale! Wink
John
Grin

mbittner

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »

Hope Zvezda will finally make the Yak-1b. Their quality is rather good
AZ has very variable quality (avoid their spits and wildcats). Fly models are very short run kits at least Whitley and Ca-101 that i have

No on the Spitfires (well, at least not all)! Look for their "HQ" moniker. These are on par with Eduard, and the accuracy is there. I have the AZ Model Spitfire Mk.IXs (HQ) and they're excellent, better than all others.

Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/
learstang

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 04:53:46 AM »

Hope Zvezda will finally make the Yak-1b. Their quality is rather good
AZ has very variable quality (avoid their spits and wildcats). Fly models are very short run kits at least Whitley and Ca-101 that i have

No on the Spitfires (well, at least not all)! Look for their "HQ" moniker. These are on par with Eduard, and the accuracy is there. I have the AZ Model Spitfire Mk.IXs (HQ) and they're excellent, better than all others.

Matt, I have their Admiral boxing of the Seafire F.45, and I have to say it looks quite nice.  I haven't glued it together, but I've removed all the parts and they seem to fit well, and the detailing looks good and clean.  In terms of Fly Models, which TISO also mentioned, I only have their Hs-123, but it's very nice, and not the same as the Avis moulding.  The Avis kit was a good kit, but the Fly kit is a little better.  If either Admiral/AZ or Fly Models could come up with a VVS kit equal in quality to their two kits mentioned above, they would certainly be worth a look.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »

But there is a Yak-1b from Modelsvit.
Isn't that a good model?

On the contrary, it's apparently an excellent model; in fact, I've been tempted several times to buy it, but it's the wrong scale! Wink

John

I thought it also. Smiley
I bought it because it's good and cheap.
Armory made a good PE set for it and it's specialy made for Modelsvit because he knows the guy very well.
Just buy it and come to the light of 1/48th scale. Smiley
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »

For what it's worth, the recent history as I understand it goes as follows: Petr Muzikant at AZ said they were going to produce a Yak-1b in 1/72, but then decided to hand this project off to Fly after I made a public fool of myself over what a great idea this was ("Thompson likes it? FAIL!!!"). AZ are probably too busy making kits of important types, like the Fairchild F.24 or another obscure Spitfire variant.  Roll Eyes

The "Head Fly Guy", Jiri Valek, is apparently very busy and probably has a real job as well as a life (What? You mean manufacturing limited-run model kits has never made anyone a millionaire?), so who knows when, or even if, the Yak-1b will ever happen.

Personally, I'd be very happy with a 1/72 Yak-1b from Fly, even though I've never actually seen a Fly kit myself - I don't buy non-VVS kits any more. Ample Yak-1b references are available, either in paper or on-line, to allow someone who wants to do it to do a good job. It could easily be much better than what exists, which is only the old and crude ZTS/Mikro72/Mastercraft thing. There is still some hope that Armory will eventually release one in resin, I suppose. There is also still some hope that ICM will release an I-153 - there's always hope, but seldom any actual product on the shelves.

That concludes today's blast of bitter sarcasm...  Angry

John
learstang

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »

I have to agree with you, John.  Although hope is generally a good thing, it's remarkably hard to work with and makes into a poor model (and of course the panel lines are all wrong).  I find actual polystyrene works much better.  Here's to us having a real plastic Yak-1B and I-153 in 1/72nd scale (Great Bog in Heaven's true scale) for the New Year!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »

Hi,

I will be happy to have La-7 in 1:48 from Zvezda, if it is at least as good as their La-5 and La-5FN. And some good Yak-9 also in 1:48.

Regards,
     66misos

Seawinder

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 03:40:47 AM »

Being a 1/48 guy, I'm excited about the upcoming Yak-3 from Zvezda, but I'll be REALLY happy to see a good, new Yak-9 in the same scale. AFAIC, it's almost as much of a holy grail as a definitive Spitfire IX and/or XIV.

Pip
B_Realistic

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »

I go for a Yak-9 from Zvezda. Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: