Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New reorganized page on all variants of Il2
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New reorganized page on all variants of Il2  (Read 6382 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: November 23, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »

H,
I've reorganized the page on all variants of Il-2. Now the part on single-seaters is reorganized as the one on the later versions. New photos and color profiles were added. Further color profiles will be added with time.
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il-2.htm
Please, anyone that finds errors, even of typing, let me know to allow a quick correction.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:35:34 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »

The reorganised section looks very nice, Massimo!  Maybe there's no need for my book now! Wink

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

Hi Jason, yes, there is need. Aren't you discussing all the existing kits and accessories, walkarounds etc? My page on Il-2 is not only a page on profiles, it is a research on the correlations between factories and the characteristics of the plane. It will allow you to include new considerations in your book, so it will be the most up-to date.
However I'll slow the uploading of new profiles  till the release of your book.
By the way, when will you publish it?
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »

Hi Massimo,
great job! Good to see some system in Il-2 camouflages.

Probably some minor errors, like
Zavod 1 was evacuated into Kuybyshev in the Urals in October-November

Kuybishev is on Volga river, more than 500km west of the Urals...   Kuibishev is as far from the Urals as London is far from the Alps...  Smiley

IMHO, conclusions based on "photographic evidence" only are tricky - following conclusion is a major ommision:

In late 1944 ... the Soviets decided to extend to all planes the blue grey/dark grey camouflage that has been successful for fighters since August 1943.
... there is no any evidence of application of this directive on Il-2s, despite it would have involved thousand of planes. Usually, photos suggest that Il-2 continued to be painted in the 3 colors schemes of 1943.

Gray-dark gray scheme was utilized on Il-2s, there are photos to confirm this!
It would be good to show how that sketch from the 1944 directive looks on the late war Il-2 (in theory at least... same as you did for 2 versions of earlier 3-colour camouflage)

Regards,
KL
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:52:44 PM by KL » Logged
learstang

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »

Hi Jason, yes, there is need. Aren't you discussing all the existing kits and accessories, walkarounds etc? My page on Il-2 is not only a page on profiles, it is a research on the correlations between factories and the characteristics of the plane. It will allow you to include new considerations in your book, so it will be the most up-to date.
However I'll slow the uploading of new profiles  till the release of your book.
By the way, when will you publish it?
Regards
Massimo

Yes, Massimo, that was meant more as a joke.  And I do discuss all the kits and accessories, as well as including walkarounds of various museum examples.  I'll also include some built-up models, not just my own, but some other modellers (like our very own B_Realistic, Michel).  I will, with your permission, of course, include your research on the factories and the different versions that came from them.  I don't really mind you uploading new profiles, as long as you send copies to me to incorporate into my book.  As far as publishing the book, I had wanted to have it done by the end of the year, but with the imminent release of two new kits in 1/72nd scale, the Tamiya arrow and the Academy straight-winged two-seater, I might delay it to include those two, since those will be the best examples in that scale for those versions.  We shall see.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
please, post these photos, I will be very interested. But if you are referring to the color photos taken in Prague and published on the 4+ monograph on Il-2M3, now I think that they were colorized, so aren't a proof.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
please, post these photos, I will be very interested. But if you are referring to the color photos taken in Prague and published on the 4+ monograph on Il-2M3, now I think that they were colorized, so aren't a proof.

I will be very interested to see you accepting something without "photographic evidence".  Wink
I am not reffering to Prague color photos...

Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »

What is the source you've found?
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »

What is the source you've found?

The source is reliable, a friend.  Photos haven't been published before.
I will not post them on this forum.   Smiley

Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »

I see, even if this recalls some other people.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: