Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Amodel New Releases
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 08:35:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amodel New Releases  (Read 7301 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: November 23, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »

From Jadar's latest e-mail news letter, a sudden burst of 4 early Russian jet prototypes in 1/72:
Yak-50 (1949):
http://www.jadarhobby.pl/amodel-72250-yakovlev-yak50-172-p-31713.html
Alexeyev I-215:
http://www.jadarhobby.pl/amodel-72261-alexeyev-i215-172-p-31714.html
Alexeyev I-211:
http://www.jadarhobby.pl/amodel-72251-alexeyev-i211-172-p-31715.html
Alexeyev I-216:
http://www.jadarhobby.pl/amodel-72237-alexeyev-i216-172-p-31716.html

I think they've been looking over Musa Zekoreev's shoulder and were inspired by his recent jet prototype resin kits... Huh

I'm glad Amodel haven't stopped producing kits of Russian aircraft; on the other hand, I think they should leave obscure subjects like these to resin producers such as Prop&Jet. Amodel could (I think) sell a lot more product if they released modern injection-molded kits of well-known and popular subjects that are poorly represented by what's currently available:
Yak-9D
I-153 (Replace their existing mold with a new, more accurate version)
I-16 type 5 (Same comment as I-153)
Nieman R-10
La-9/La-11
Polikarpov R-5

John
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:09:42 PM by John Thompson » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »

John, I definitely agree with that list of operational Soviet aircraft Amodel might be better off producing.  However, I have to add the Il-4.  I'm like you and the Yak-1B - I need an accurate Il-4 in 1/72nd scale!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Walker

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »

I got the other day all 4 models. Yak-50 have their own completely new design. I will be immodest, but the Yak-50 Prop & Jet has not lost its relevance. Plastic model is inferior in detail and in my opinion in the geometry. In general, all the sets are good and easy to assemble out of the box should be fine. For those who like precision, have to work hard. In particular change nacelle on I-215-216 are incorrect. Detailing poor.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:08:22 PM by Walker » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »

Thanks, Musa! Do you believe these Amodel kits will be popular in Russia? I continue to believe that Amodel would make more profit by producing better injection-molded kits of the well-known types I listed, but I could be wrong. Maybe the person who controls Amodel runs the company as if it was a hobby, and just does what he likes!  Roll Eyes

John
learstang

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »

Interesting aeroplanes.  The Alekseyev I-211 and I-215 look a bit like the Curtiss XP/F-87 Blackhawk nightfighter.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Bert

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »

Hi John!
I'm verry happy that Amodel is not producing better injection-molded kits of the well-known types Grin I would like to have more kits of the not so well-known types.
Walker

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »

Thanks, Musa! Do you believe these Amodel kits will be popular in Russia? I continue to believe that Amodel would make more profit by producing better injection-molded kits of the well-known types I listed, but I could be wrong. Maybe the person who controls Amodel runs the company as if it was a hobby, and just does what he likes!  Roll Eyes

John

John, Amodel quite interesting arranged. In this company there is little permanent modelers make the master model. Lots of master models comes to them from the outside. Therefore, the quality of models is very different from the masterpiece of its genre AN-8, Yak-18A, Su-7, etc. to the poor quality of I-16, I-153, Su-1, etc. Also, the Amodel does not have its own production. All that they produce, plus all that let other Ukrainian companies ("ART-model", "Avis," "Micromir") produces (including galvanic form) of "Master 44", the label you can see in the gating framework. But the production of large composite models they own.
Amodel certainly popular in Russia.But with such a huge range and the circulation of, collected quite just a few models. This is explained by the difficulty of building these models, their poor detail and poor quality of small parts. All of this for the average modeller rather complicated problem.
I have the pleasure to be acquainted with the owner and mastermind behind this company. Extraordinary man, of course, he prefers to make model airplanes which feels sympathy, but the commercial side is alien to him. Another hard to explain what periodically release the models are so poor quality that it is unclear why they do produce.
Model airplanes, you have listed in one capacity or another. So I do not think that the plans Amodel they are.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:04:06 PM by Walker » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »

Very interesting - thank you for the reply, Musa! Now I understand much better how Amodel operates. If you speak to the owner, tell him for me "Thank you for all the Russian model kits"! Wink

John
learstang

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »

I'd love to know who did the masters for the Ar-2.  I've retrieved my half-built model recently and that kit has amazing surface detail - the best I've ever seen in 1/72nd scale.  Knowing how they operate now explains the up and down quality of their kits.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:01:01 PM by learstang » Logged

- Warren William Zevon
Walker

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »

Ar-2, Pe-8, An-26, Su-7, Yak-18A, Yak-1, Yak-3, Yak-9U... this is all the work of one master. His name is Victor. He is often on scalemodels.ru nickname "А-макетчик". I consider that these models are the best of all the huge number of models Amodel.
learstang

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »

Ar-2, Pe-8, An-26, Su-7, Yak-18A, Yak-1, Yak-3, Yak-9U... this is all the work of one master. His name is Victor. He is often on scalemodels.ru nickname "А-макетчик". I consider that these models are the best of all the huge number of models Amodel.

Thank you for information, Musa!  It's nice to know he did the An-26 - that's a kit I've always wanted to buy.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Bert

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »

An-26 and Su-7 are from Victor, Su-7 from Amodel? OK, it's not that important.
Ar-2, Pe-8, Yak-18A, Yak-1, Yak-3, Yak-9U... I have them all Cheesy Grin I agree very great kits!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: