Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Lavochkin La-5 book by E. Pilawskii
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 06:15:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Lavochkin La-5 book by E. Pilawskii  (Read 4472 times)
KL

« on: November 29, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »

Great news here: http://www.redbanner.co.uk/Publish/publish.html

Upcoming Book Announcement

The Profile & Scale series will be joined by a new title  on the Lavochkin La-5. Publication is tentatively scheduled for Christmas 2012. Please stay tuned for more information.

Yes, we will stay tuned...  Smiley
learstang

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

I know you're waiting for it, Konstantin!  I just hope he doesn't beat me on my IL-2 book!  Okay, enough beating up on EP.  To be honest, without his original site, I wouldn't have become (re-)interested in GPW aircraft.  So I owe at least that much to him.  Even if much of his research was (is) wrong, it also got me interested in the subject of VVS colouration.  I also see he's interested in self-publication - I actually thought about contacting him regarding my book, but given how much my conclusions regarding camouflage differ from his, I thought he probably wouldn't be that interested in helping me out with my book.  It's a shame, really, as he could do a lot of good with his site if he were just more open to differing opinions (from his) on VVS colouration.  Oh well, that is truly beating the proverbial dead horse, and that horse is well and truly dead by now.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:16:51 AM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »

Considering all the inaccuraties about colors and camo's in the previous books I'm not eager to buy me that book.
It led me to believe that the camo I did on my I-16 was correct.
@Jason
Don't worry about your book it will be good and when released I'll make some advertisment for it to people I know.
learstang

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »

Considering all the inaccuraties about colors and camo's in the previous books I'm not eager to buy me that book.
It led me to believe that the camo I did on my I-16 was correct.
@Jason
Don't worry about your book it will be good and when released I'll make some advertisment for it to people I know.

Thank you, Michel!  I'll take you up on that (and remember your model will be a part of it!).

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »

Great news here: http://www.redbanner.co.uk/Publish/publish.html

Upcoming Book Announcement

The Profile & Scale series will be joined by a new title  on the Lavochkin La-5. Publication is tentatively scheduled for Christmas 2012. Please stay tuned for more information.

Yes, we will stay tuned...  Smiley

Normally I'd be onto anything about the La-5 like a starving flea on a hound dog's belly, but I was disappointed by his I-16 monograph, so I didn't even consider buying his MiG-3 book. I wonder how much the La-5 one will include that's not on his CD of radial-engined Lavochkin fighters. When it comes right down to it, I can't imagine it being better than the MBI publication by Milo? Ve?t??k and Jiř? Vran?, so I've already got all the La-5 references I need.

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: