Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
White Hurricanes ?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:59:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: White Hurricanes ?  (Read 11569 times)
pelo008

« on: December 08, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »

Hi !
Remember seeing a white camo Hurricane. Were there ever "all white" ones with red lettering, or just the grey/green ones in the VVS ?
If there were, does anyone have a photo of one ?
/ Par Lowgren
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 01:08:52 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I know at least two profiles of white Hurricanes, but, in this time, I have not in mind photos.
A profile of a washed-off white Hurricane, with a red 6 on its stabilizator, dark green spinner and tail fin, is on Red Stars 4.
Massimo
M_Bykov

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 03:03:45 PM »

Hi !
Remember seeing a white camo Hurricane. Were there ever "all white" ones with red lettering, or just the grey/green ones in the VVS ?
If there were, does anyone have a photo of one ?
/ Par Lowgren

Here You are the pair:
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:17:46 AM »

Hi, Smiley
a quite rare image! Thank you for posting it.
What is the source?
Massimo
M_Bykov

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:34:09 PM »

Hi, Smiley
a quite rare image! Thank you for posting it.
What is the source?
Massimo

Polish Hurricane Monography, part 2 (AJ-Press)
BlackWolf3945

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »

Here are two photos...

Image source: epay

Fade to Black...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 12:12:50 AM »

Great! All white, including prop blades! Thank you for sharing!
Massimo Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »

Hi, Smiley
it's not white, but looks interesting all the same.

Massimo
marluc

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 01:30:33 AM »

Massimo:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture.It seems that this worn out (or battle damaged?) Hurri has a replacement rudder,overpainted RAF markings and white border stars.There are two holes  behind and bellow the canopy,they look like bullet holes.See you.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 10:11:55 AM »

Hi, Smiley
the black points could be holes, but also defects of the photo, there are many ones on the background.
The plane gives the idea to have at least 3 colors on it. I think that an original green/grey camo has been partially repainted with Soviet green and light grey. One could try to compare the scheme with the original British one, that was very standardized.
It would be interesting to hypothize a tropical camo, but the undersurface of elevator looks too light for British azure-blue.
The British number is only partially visible, but one could attempt a profile or a model all the same.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »

Hi Massino:

Looking closely at the picture I noticed a few things.First off all,I agree with you that the "holes" are defects in the photo,the lower one is a little bit strange.As you point out about the cammo,I can see the different colour spots over the RAF scheme too,the light spot on top of the rudder stands out over the rest.And the letter "G" besides the "white 46" must be part of the original RAF serial number.
See you:

Martin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: