Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Airfix Petlyakov Pe-2
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 02:14:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airfix Petlyakov Pe-2  (Read 5452 times)
Troy Smith

« on: December 20, 2012, 03:44:45 PM »

This came up in the Airfix Club thread, and there were a couple up on ebay, so I nabbed the pics

Here's the original boxing, a 'red stripe' type. 
I built mine in the Polish option as I thought it looked great, not influenced by the box are at all  Roll Eyes

Here's a late 70's/early 80's type box, with new art.

When I get chance I'll take some pics of the kit laid out, and if anyone wants, the remains of the one I built in 1975 or so?

Are there any good plans available online, eg Airwar.ru, that I can get to compare the kit too?

cheers
T
learstang

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:42:10 PM »

Troy, here's the link to the page on airwar.ru that has the "chertezhi", plans for various bombers, including the Pe-2.  You should be able to find something useful.  http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw_aw.html

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »

Try here:
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/pe2aik.html

And here:
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/AirWar/113/Draw/index.htm

No idea about accuracy of these drawings, though. Are you planning to build the Airfix kit? As you probably know, there are better Pe-2 kits out there nowadays!

John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »

I think Troy's on a nostalgia trip; and there's nothing wrong with that!  I'm rebuilding an Airfix Hawker Demon I did 35+ years ago.  There are certainly better Hart variant kits available now, but it's good exercise to do (or in my case, redo) an old kit, in my case a reasonably good kit.  I do hope you actually build this kit anew, Troy; it'd be nice to see what you could do with it.  If you do, at least don't paint it in that wonderful brown/green scheme.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:29:29 PM by learstang » Logged

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »

Hi Jason,
I repaint my old Yak-3 in 1:72 from Kovozavody Prostejov built some 25+ years ago. Just because it had that wonderful brown/green scheme...  Wink

Regards,
     66misos

learstang

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »

Hi Jason,
I repaint my old Yak-3 in 1:72 from Kovozavody Prostejov built some 25+ years ago. Just because it had that wonderful brown/green scheme...  Wink

Regards,
     66misos

I know what you mean 66misos; I've repainted my old KP La-5FN because it had the brown/green scheme.  I'm almost finished with it, and it looks quite smart in the black/green scheme (I actually found a photograph of the La-5FN in the black/green scheme, even though most of them were in the two-grey fighter scheme).

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: