Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Amodel AIR-10; Art Model Su-28
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 05:53:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amodel AIR-10; Art Model Su-28  (Read 8461 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: December 28, 2012, 02:33:11 AM »

Yakovlev AIR-10, 1/72, Amodel:
http://hobbyterra.com/product/yakovlev-air-10-aircraft-model-kit-amodel-72239.html

Sukhoi Su-28, 1/72, Art Model:
http://scalemodels.ru/articles/5910-obzor-Art-Model-1-72-su-28.html

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:06:18 AM »

Hi John,
The air-10 is interesting because it looks strictly related to the UT-2. But to tell the truth, I was already deluded by Amodel because they have made strange prototypes related to Yak-6 and R-10, but not the operative planes that were much more needed.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »

Hi John,
The air-10 is interesting because it looks strictly related to the UT-2. But to tell the truth, I was already deluded by Amodel because they have made strange prototypes related to Yak-6 and R-10, but not the operative planes that were much more needed.
Regards
Massimo

Hi Massimo! To me, the biggest Amodel disappointment was the rumoured new La-5FN that turned out to be just another reboxing of the KP La-5FN. I keep hoping for something good from them, though. It's always puzzling when kit manufacturers like Amodel and ICM seem to ignore aircraft which, to me, seem like excellent sales opportunities and continue to make kits of "strange birds" like that KhAI-1 you're referring to. Even in Russia and Ukraine I think the R-10 would be more popular.

And considering all the other Polikarpovs they've done, I can't understand why ICM don't throw all their energy into finishing the list with a 1/72 I-153 - now it seems like that kit (which they announced two or three years ago) might be cancelled, or at least postponed indefinitely. But, what do I know? I'm just a stupid kit-buying customer - I posted something about trying to build an I-153 from parts of other ICM kits on Scalemodels.ru, and one reply (as a joke) was that this was ICM's way of selling more of their existing kits...  Cry

John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

Building an I-153 just from ICM I-15 parts - why stop there, John?  My Frankenchaika has parts not only from the ICM I-15, but also the Heller/Smer I-153, and the Amodel I-153.  I keep putting off finishing it in the vain hope that ICM will finally complete their Polikarpov single-seater fighter series with the I-153.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 12:38:54 AM »

Building an I-153 just from ICM I-15 parts - why stop there, John?  My Frankenchaika has parts not only from the ICM I-15, but also the Heller/Smer I-153, and the Amodel I-153.  I keep putting off finishing it in the vain hope that ICM will finally complete their Polikarpov single-seater fighter series with the I-153.

Regards,

Jason

Note that I said kits, plural - mine has parts from a Heller I-153, an ICM I-15, an ICM I-15bis. and an ICM I-16 (the cowling face, much modified), and that's just the ones I can remember - I think I also used cowling side panels from the Amodel I-153. Go here:
http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=871.0

However, I'm ashamed of cutting up so many kits with no finished model to show. Some skilled modelbuilders seem to be able to make a good job of the Heller or Smer I-153 without all of this drama, so why can't I do the same:
http://karopka.ru/community/user/14238/?MODEL=278978
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/modelphoto/i153tex/i153tex.htm

Judging by what I see elsewhere, the ICM I-153 is postponed indefinitely, or even cancelled... Angry

John
learstang

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:33:36 PM »

I suppose that means it's time to get out my old Frankenchaika and start working on it again.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Walker

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »

Due to the fact that the firm ICM took off   I-153  from the production plans, Prop & Jet officially declares the start of the development of this model for casting resin.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:46:17 PM by Walker » Logged
learstang

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »

Due to the fact that the firm ICM took off   I-153  from the production plans, Prop & Jet officially declares the start of the development of this model for casting resin.

Urra!  Blessings to great Bog in Heaven!  Musa, do you have any idea when this might be ready?  Sign me up for one.  Bolshoiy spaseeba!

С уважением,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Walker

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »

I think somewhere between four and six months. You can periodically review this thread:
http://propjet.ucoz.ru/forum/2-91-1
It will be on display the entire process. If you see what that mistakes, you can safely write about it.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 12:57:45 AM »

I think somewhere between four and six months. You can periodically review this thread:
http://propjet.ucoz.ru/forum/2-91-1
It will be on display the entire process. If you see what that mistakes, you can safely write about it.

Hi Musa - thank you for the link. I'll be very interested to see how this progresses! I believe you will already have any reference material you need, but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know by e-mail or personal message.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 06:19:56 AM »

Hi Musa,
this is a welcome project. The thread in your forum is interesting and well documented.
I have a small page on I-153, mainly focused on its painting, at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/i15/i-153/i-153painting/i-153painting.htm. I hope it could be useful.
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »

Thank you John, Massimo!
Now I'm trying to decide on a modification of the future model. Do you have a preference?
Differences between the different series aircraft so large that you have to do almost the personal plane. I have three volumes of technical descriptions, lots of pictures. Work will advise Vladimir Markov and Alexander Ruchkovsky. Anatoly Kovalev will make photoetched parts.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »

Hi Musa,
let's see: if I don't miss there are two variants of the cowling, for M-62 and M-63. Two different propellers. Two possible spinners, or no spinner at all. Two or three front shutters each made by two disks overposed. Wheels with/without doors, and skis. Underwing rockets, tanks or freefall bombs, all optional.
I suggest to make two variants: a cheaper one, with engine M-62 in closed resin cowling (or maybe limiting the options to different frontal shutters, prop and spinners); a richer one, with both cowlings, engine (simplified),  external load, skis.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »

Thank you John, Massimo!
Now I'm trying to decide on a modification of the future model. Do you have a preference?
Differences between the different series aircraft so large that you have to do almost the personal plane. I have three volumes of technical descriptions, lots of pictures. Work will advise Vladimir Markov and Alexander Ruchkovsky. Anatoly Kovalev will make photoetched parts.

I think Massimo has a good idea of making two versions of the kit, one simplified and the other with everything included. It's interesting to read about how the I-153, like so many other Russian aircraft, was the subject of these modifications. To me, unable to read Russian without Google translation, it's difficult to identify the changes. It sounds like you have a good team helping you on this project. I have about 200 I-153 photos, but all of these are taken from Scalemodels.ru or ebay.de, so I think I will not have any that Vladimir and Alexander have not already seen, but I will check the thread on your forum in case I see anything that I can contribute. Good luck with this project!

John
Walker

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

OK. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: