Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Suchov's p-39 White 50
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 09:00:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suchov's p-39 White 50  (Read 131291 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »

Hi Misos, nice work as usual.
I find strange that the hatches on the wing are excluded from the repainting. This both because their outer part should have wearing, and because in this way the green paint enters into the hatches. On the fuselage and under the wings, hatches are not excluded from repaintings.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2015, 09:10:56 AM »

Hi Massimo,
I repainted green also hatches. Plus blue underwing is made a glossy and a bit lighter - something between Russian A-28m and Germen RLM 76.
Picture is finished now, after two and half years :-)

Thanks to all for comments and help.
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:44:03 AM by 66misos » Logged

Troy Smith

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »

Very interesting thread.

A few  observations.   

Even if a unit was having difficulty getting supplies, would not paint for touch up be part of the maintenance supplies? If so then AMT-4 and AMT-11, or A-14 could be possible candidates?

If you are advancing the use of captured German paint from a Fw190 facilty,  a better 'match' for US Neutral Gray would be the Luftwaffe Grau Violett 75 which was still used widely on Fw 190's and Bf109's along with Grun 82 [or whatever you consider the darker late war green] as one of the specified uppersurface scheme.

Usual cautions regarding WW2 era colour photos.

This shows RLM 75 and RLM 82 on on a Bf109 K-4, especially on the tail.

This is the standard mid war Luftwaffe Gray scheme

the colours on the wings are 74/75, 74 is the darker grey. 
[more precisely 74 Grau Grun and 75 Grau Violett, The 'green' and 'violet' mentioned are to describe the tint, but the base colour is grey.]

the underside colour, 76, is the background on the fuselage, on this are mottled,the two grey on the wing and if you look carefully, by the cable hanging out of the cockpit,  grey 02, pale grey/green,[the internal primer, also used in the mottle]  and 70 black green [schwarz grun], the darker spots, which is also the standard colour for the prop blades, if you look you can see it's the same.

RLM 76 usually shows up as near white in B/W photos, and I'd suggest that fresh RLM 75 would appear a bit light than weathered Neutral Gray.

Regardings Konstantion mention the dropping of undersurface colours, 

well, yes and no.  Certainly plans were seen with party unpainted undersides, but certain parts were still painted. Sometimes 76, but also 75 and even 81.
It also depended on factory and batch.
There is a 2 volume set by JaPo on Fw190D camouflage that goes into mindbending detail on this.....  anyone who thinks VVS camouflage is a 'complex' subject should have a read of those...

HTH
T
66misos

« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:25 PM »

Hi Troy,
thanks a lot for your post. Interesting pictures and info.
Here at Czech site http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1965 is a lot of Luftwaffe color photos, I went through all of them. Plus I consulted possible late war colors with guys specialized on WWII Luftwaffe.
Info about German light green color is also from airforce.ru forum from my discussion from 2013.
Unfortunately, nowhere is info about underwing colors.
So yes, all that discussion is only about probability, not about 100% certainty.
I hope sometime will appear a good quality photo showing also front fuselage or relevant info from archives. There is no problem to correct picture in PC.
Regards,
   66misos

66misos

« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2016, 06:19:58 PM »

Hi,
screenshot wrom the document reel about Pokryskin showing Sukhov's Cobra during the Breslaw highwas tests:

Picture is quite a low rezolution/contrast quality, but better than nothing ;-)
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2016, 06:39:02 AM »

Hi Misos,
nice to read a post from you.
Have I to expext an update of your article?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »

Hi Massimo,
IMHO no update is necessary. This screenshot shows that only front part of the aircraft was heavily repainted, not aft fuselage. Unfortunately it does not show whether whole tail was repainted or only serial number. So unless nothing better will come my profile is the most reliable.
Best regards,
   66misos

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: