Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Valom 1/72 Yak-9 (early) - June 2013 Release
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:50:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valom 1/72 Yak-9 (early) - June 2013 Release  (Read 6667 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »

I got this from Robert Rensch's 72nd Aircraft forum, thanks to a tip from Libor Jekl; scroll down a bit and look carefully at the text on the right-hand side of the page:
http://modelingmadness.com/industrynews/valom/valom.htm

Possibly a reworked version of the Dakoplast Yak-9, as was the Valom Yak-7 series based on the Dako Yak-7. I'm not trying to be critical or make accusations - the Dako kits are an excellent starting point, and Valom put a lot of his own effort into creating the Yak-7 series, so these future Yak-9 kits should be quite good, although probably expensive.

John

learstang

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »

Not that it has anything to do with Yak's or the VVS, but it's nice to see that Wellesly (I have in the not so far reaches of my mind to do a set of East Africa campaign aircraft - SAAF Hartbees, Rhodesian Hardy, Fiat CR.42, etc.).  I'm not all about VVS aeroplanes (well, mostly!).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:40:51 AM »

Not such thing as too many Yak's. I've been searching for Dakoplast kit for a while now (E-vil-Bay examples are way to pricy for me).
RE Wellesly old machbox is still an excellent kit if you do some scribing on nose, detail cockpit (and fuselage interior), do a fuel dump lines on fuselage sides and cut out & detail the wheel bays. You can get even vac-formed canopies for the kit

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:20:34 AM »

You're correct, TISO, the Wellesly was from Matchbox's "A" team and a rather nice little kit as I recall.  I had one a while back, but I've no idea where it's gotten to.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »

Not such thing as too many Yak's. I've been searching for Dakoplast kit for a while now (E-vil-Bay examples are way to pricy for me).

The Dakoplast kit was also released by Modelist and Eastern Express, if that's any help!

John

(You sound like you really want this kit - send me a personal message if you want to make a trade. The Valom kit will probably be expensive. I really believe that someone else will release a new Yak-9 some day. The need for a new 1/72 Yak-9 seems very obvious to me - it would be a natural choice for Zvezda, for example.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:46:44 PM by John Thompson » Logged
TISO

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:32:02 AM »

You say EasternExpress packed it as well. Nice to know. I knew about Modelist which is also rare these days (i have their Yak-7B) but i was quite unshure about EE kit as EE repacks kits of many different producers and I don't need another ex-ICM Yak - too much work to correct it if DAKO kit is around (been the done that)

Disciple of Error
Dark Green Man

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »

as far as I know the ICM 1/72 Yak-9 kit has only been re-issued by Encore.
you also need to be wary of kits under other boxes.
there is a kit I call "velum" which is available in other boxes (not Dako,Modelist or E-E)
and it is a truly horrible that you should avoid.
(red sky , red star , velem and a box with no name-I believe John Thompson knows the one I refer to._

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »

as far as I know the ICM 1/72 Yak-9 kit has only been re-issued by Encore.
you also need to be wary of kits under other boxes.
there is a kit I call "velum" which is available in other boxes (not Dako,Modelist or E-E)
and it is a truly horrible that you should avoid.
(red sky , red star , velem and a box with no name-I believe John Thompson knows the one I refer to._

It doesn't sound like either of the two mentioned in this thread (both 1/72, both Airfix knockoffs):
http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=646.0

I know I've seen a really bad 1/48 Yak-9 kit years ago in the "bargain bin" at one of the local hobby shops; maybe it's that one?

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: