Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Help wanted for uploading photo's here
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 09:31:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help wanted for uploading photo's here  (Read 4804 times)
4bogreen

« on: February 21, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »

Hi guys,

I have a question about uploading photos on this nice site. Unfortunally i am very bad with computers and my computerskills are... eh... also bad... Embarrassed
I think they have a name for it ''Digital illiterate'' Its a bit the same for people who can't read of calculate easly
Please don't laugh about it... I am quite embarresed about it to ask this...sorry

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »

Hi Remco,
you have to uload the images on another site, as Imageshack for example, then copy and paste the address of the photo in the post, select it and click on 'link' (to link the image) or 'image' (to show it directly).
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »

Hi Remco,
I had the same problem a time ago. Wink So:
1.) photos have to be loaded on another site (Image Shack, Protobucket.com etc)
2.) you have to write the url address of the photo (not the address of the page), in your post. You can find the address of the uploaded image on the other site by:
    -selecting the photo on the any other web page (in MS Windows mouse right click on image) and pushing 'properties',
    -then copy the url address from the properties,
    -paste it inside your post on Sovietwarplanes,
    -select copied url address in your post and push the second botton just above writing window, the one with the picture.
3.) and you will get something like:
[img]http://www.photobucket.com/.../pict12.jpg[/img ]

that is all. Pictures will be shown in their original size.

4.) If you want to adjust picture size, then write SMF Bulletin Board Code [img width=... height=...] with appropriate values, so you will get something like:
[img width=600 height=500]http://www.photobucket.com/.../pict12.jpg[/img ]

Happy posting,
     66misos

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »

Hi 4BOgreen! Here's yet another option; I always use PostImage.org - it seems very popular on Scalemodels.ru, and if it's good enough for the Russian guys, it's good enough for me. Also, you don't need to set up an account like you do with some other image-sharing sites. The following assumes that you're using MS Windows and that the images you want to post are already in your "My Pictures" folder.
(1) Go here:
http://www.postimage.org/index.php?upload_mode=image
(2) If it's not already selected, click on "Family Safe"
(3) Click on "Browse". This takes you to your "My Pictures" folder.
(4) Find the image you want to post, then double-click on it with your left mouse button.
(5) Click on "Upload It!"
(6) After the image finishes uploading, scroll down to "Thumbnail for Forums (1)" and click on "copy to clipboard" in the box on the right of that.
(7) Go to your post, right-click where you want the image located, and then left-click on "paste" in the Windows drop-down box which appears, to paste the copied URL text into your forum post.
(8) You're done - a clickable thumbnail of your image will appear in your post, although only the URL will appear in your post text while you're still working on it. When you "preview" your post, or after you actually post it, then the thumbnail will appear in the preview or on the forum.

Here's my example:

You can click on this thumbnail, then go to the bottom of the PostImage.org page which appears with the image and click on "Show codes" just below the image if you want to see some of what I've described above. Have fun!

John
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:17:47 PM by John Thompson » Logged
4bogreen

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:44:53 AM »

Big thanks for the help guys!
I think i wil go for John Thompsons option.

Regards,

Remco  Smiley

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: