Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 07:11:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build  (Read 96403 times)
4bogreen

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »

Hi Massimo!

I will use the  Zvezda Yak-3 engine and engineframe where i can. I was looking for info and (again) ended up here (where else??)
The frame is not the same as the LaGG-3, but i can modify the frame (i love scratch building). I use the ICM kit and the vector cockpit set. Also some eduard PE and a new canopy i have to build this plane.

Regards

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »

Hi Remco, interesting idea, to use the Yak-3 of Zvezda. A good and cheap source of details. Can the kit be built after having subtracted those pieces?
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »

Yes Massimo, Zvezda Yak-3 has parts to show the engine compartment both "all open" and "all closed". A clever solution, but my self-flogging plans for it are leaving only some engine panels open, thus needing trimming and scratch-building.
4bogreen

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »

Well, i have taken a look for the detail on the engine and its great! Its a kit on its own. Zvezda did a great job!
Now i have a very nice yak-3 and a engine for my Lagg-3. I think doing the same with my Petlyakov Pe-2...

On the bench,
4bogreen

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

Hi guys,

i have taken the mig-3 out of the mothballs (big sneeze of the dust  Cheesy). The flaps have been succesfully glued to the warped plastic. Now for the last time i put the parts on witch i have doubts, in the putty. I hope i have the plane in the basecolors before christmas (ambitious, i know). I have a bit of daubts how to paint the landing gear leggs. A-14, underside blue or silver (sometimes seen on VVS planes). The basecolors are Akan MK7 white, Alclad  polished aluminium. The only thing i have to choose, are between Akan AMT-7 or A II G blue... Suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

remco

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2014, 08:04:14 PM »

Hi Remco,
what plane do you want to represent? Black 12?
I don't think it has MK-7 on its wings and rear fuselage, but a glossy nitro paint.
About the legs, for what I know they are of the colour of the outside, that is light blue.
From the photo, one can suspect that the undersurface is silver; if this is scarcely credible, I suggest the lighter and more glossy of the blue shades, that is AII light blue.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Its the black 12 plane i want to build. I kan also use A-11 for the white part. If its a matt paint, its no problem. I always spray the model in a glossy lacquer (Alclad aqua gloss alc 600). MK-7 is a bit off white with a greyish glow.

The underside and landing gear will be A II G blue. I think its possible that the undersurface was silver, i have more the idea its the A II G blue color...

I have just sanded the parts were i put some putty on it. I have to clean the parts and the its primer time.

Thanks for your advice Massimo!

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
4bogreen

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »

Another question that has me wandering all the time. The panel on top between the windshield and the silver nose, with the radiomast on it. I think its also a bare metal/ aluminium cover. The contast between the radiomast and the cover is just as high as the nose section. Red two and the plane further down the row have evendently white covers compared with black 12... It looks very plaussible. Also it could be a field emergency repair. Take out the nose and damaged panels. Although many parts had a basecolor or primer (or they had only a stash of silver paint...)
Any thought about this??

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2014, 08:39:56 AM »

Hi Remco,
the panel over the nose seems silver too. From what I remember, the technicians of the unit made a great effort to make operational the biggest number of planes for the ceremony, so they cannibalized some to do so. This explains the odd look of some of them.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »

I already thougth it was silver  Cheesy That wil be a nice addition to the colors. Now i know a bit better to paint and how to weather this bird. Great! Now i only have to make the tail wheel cover, and then were on to the cleaning procces. Followed by the painting  Smiley

On the bench,
4bogreen

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »

I was not really sasisfied with my RS-82 rockets. Vector makes a kit and i went of to purchace it.

This is how it supose to look like, parts are unfortunally broken, like some wings of the rockets and some of the rails are broken from their casting blocks...  Undecided

On the bench,
learstang

« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2014, 01:14:35 AM »

Let's see some more photographs, Remco!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
4bogreen

« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2014, 05:25:57 AM »

oke Jason, here are the rockets...

Unfortunately the rockets need a lot of attention.

The rest of the plane goes pretty well. The rails of the rockets belong to Petlyakov Pe-2 like planes, so i wil use the rockets only. I am almost finished with the toutch ups and sanding. I wil put it thoughetter and take some photo's soon

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
learstang

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2014, 04:39:15 AM »

Ouch on the rockets! I'm sure you'll get them sorted out, Remco.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
4bogreen

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2014, 05:15:29 AM »

I think the rockets will be OK Jason. No worries  Grin I put the plane thoughetter with blue tac (sort of) and had a intresting discovery. The landing gear leggs are made when there is no weight on it! When i installed the upper landing gear covers (the part with the knack in it), did not cover the leggs completely. When i looked for reference photo's, my plane was ''high'' on his leggs, while on photo's, the plane is lower to the ground... On to my sidecutter, putty and sanding tools. Modification: Lost count... Roll Eyes

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: