Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build  (Read 95892 times)
AC26

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

Only the colour of cockpit sides remains uncertain.  Mainly because Massimo refers to people who moved MiG-3 parts at Vesivehmaa museum 20-30 years ago...
Hi KL!

There are MiG-3 parts in two locations in Finland: Wing parts and horizontal stabilizer at Vesivehmaa P?ij?t-H?meen Ilmailumuseo and side panel, rear fuselage and likely rudder at Tikkakoski Central Finland Aviation museum storage. I have seen years ago (less than 20...  Wink ) the side panel mentioned and it had light blue interior colour. I have no reason to suspect the FS number given by Mr. Lumppio.

Pictures? I try to find something...

Cheers,

AaCee
KL

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »

Hi AC26,
Three locations: fragment of wing leading edge is in Tusula, in the Anti Aircraft Artillery Museum...
Rudder was also stored in Vesivehmaa in 1980es .
Cheers,
KL
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:59:46 PM by KL » Logged
4bogreen

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »

Hi KL,

The change of 4bo green i read was in the book of Mikhail Baryatinskiy, Russian armor vol. 4 T-34 1939-1943.
Also a very good book about camouflage is the Armada veritkal #5, Camouflage of the tanks of the red army.
I bought it for 15 euro (20$). I was very lucky, because this book was little published.

I get a bit confused here about the colors now...(currently i also work on a T-34 wreck that has a widespread of colors  Smiley)...and start mixing things up here...
- tubes- ? Green? primer red? blue? grey?  Huh
- seat- A-14 steel gray
- Floor on frame- A-14 steel gray
- cockpit walls- ? Blue? Grey?  Huh
- area behind seat- eh, green?  Huh

Thanks for the help and input  Smiley

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »

Hi,
At the same time, cockpit colour was standardized - it was supposed to be steel gray!  Cockpit floor and seat of the Mig-3 wreck preserved at the Zadorozhni Museum are steel gray.
Is it the same of your photos? Eventually, where can one find photos, or the report of someone that saw the original thing?

If I remember well the post of Kari Lumppio, he refers to the use of outside green as a base color, including many internal surfaces; even the light blue of undersurfaces was painted over it. Available photos are compatible with this assertion.

Regards
Massimo
AC26

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »

Hello KL,

Three locations: fragment of wing leading edge is in Tusula, in the Anti Aircraft Artillery Museum...
I stand corrected. I don't remember this. Last time I visited there was several years ago after Airacobra arrived Hyryl?. Maybe time for a new visit?

Rudder was also stored in Vesivehmaa in 1980es .
Yes, but it was moved maybe 20 years ago together an I-153 and an R-5 rudders to Tikkakoski for a special exhibition when their U-2 conservation was ready and the plane put on temporary display.

Originally my key message was to confirm light blue for the MiG-3 side panel inner colour.

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 06:14:41 PM »

Hi, three photos from Alex Ruchkowsky.

Here we see the lower part of the seat and the floor without any paint, it is unclear if it lost it or was never painted. The tubes strut is dark grey.

This thing is said to be a seat. The color would fit for a glycol tank, but the details really suggest the lower part of a seat.

Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »

Hi, three photos from Alex Ruchkowsky.

Three photos are from the internet, I have them saved too!  Has Ruchkovskii seen the wreck?

Here we see the lower part of the seat and the floor without any paint, it is unclear if it lost it or was never painted. The tubes strut is dark grey.

I really don't understand this:  you can't see gray A-14, or Ruchkowsky can't see gray A-14, or both of you pretend not to see gray A-14??
"without any paint... Never painted"?? What is the gray layer covering  the seat? Can you see the scratches through this misterious gray substance?

Two more photos:

I am 100% sure that the seat is gray A-14.  Same with the floor.  Left side of the cockpit was also attached when wreck was recovered and it was also gray,  see photos above - gray next to green back armor.

I can not see any light blue in the cockpit of this wreck.  Mig-3 preserved in Finish museums could be different.  I would appreciate photographic evidence.

Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 11:31:34 PM »

Hi,
maybe the photo can be found on Internet, but the image that he sent is more than 3000 pixel wide. Here is a detail, where you can see a part of the seat and of the floor. Metallic reflexes are clearly visible, this is not grey paint.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:34:12 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »

Hi,
This is becoming ridiculous.  Are you referring to snow?  White reflective substance on seat bottom and around the control column is snow!
The seat is gray even on your blown-up picture.
Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 06:58:22 AM »

Hi,
some snow is on the upper part. On the lower part, metallic reflexes are clearly visible, where the piece is fully clean. Perhaps grey, or other paints, were there 70 years ago, but now the piece is clean.
I can distinguish snow, don't worry.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »

Hey guys,

I am busy painting the cockpit now (some familly issues and a sick kid are not helping Embarrassed) and have a question about the radio equipment behind the seat. What color do this set (RSI-3 radio set) have? I am also making the oxigen bottles at the back (maybe we see a glimps off them  Grin)

On the bench,
KL

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »

... a question about the radio equipment behind the seat. What color do this set (RSI-3 radio set) have?

Check page 1 of this thread!!!   Reply #11   Wink
Cheers,
KL
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:38:26 AM by KL » Logged
4bogreen

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 01:43:25 AM »

Sorry KL, the link doesn't work  Huh (Thanks for the help  Cheesy)

On the bench,
4bogreen

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:24 AM »

Found it KL  Grin (stupid me  Roll Eyes) Was the round thing on top of the radio black or the same color as the other radio parts?
(painting the oxigen bottles now). I have also made some changes about the armored plate. The rear is vissible now, and i had to fill the gap...
Has annybody an idea what color of the bay should be where the radiators are? Undersurface blue or A-14 grey...? Huh

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 07:22:48 AM »

Hi,
Has annybody an idea what color of the bay should be where the radiators are? Undersurface blue or A-14 grey...?
I suppose blue as for the landing gear. The flaps on the intake appear in the same way.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: