Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 05:25:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build  (Read 96227 times)
B_Realistic

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »

Great to see some pictures. Cheesy
There are alot of shemes available for the Mig-3.
Maybe a winter sheme? Cheesy
4bogreen

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »

Thanks Jason  Smiley

I always like to make "rarities" so the zebra striped will fit me nice. But not this time. I wanted a white plane. I am building so called black 12. It is the plane next up to the fa mos red 2. The thing i liked most, is because it has an full aluminum nose. Thou gether with the overall white and ALL blue undersurface it wil look very nice  Grin

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
4bogreen

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:58 AM »

Currently i am busy to filter the cockpit. When i recieved my AKAN paint, i saw that my interpetation of A-14 steel grey a bit lighter is. Now i use filters to tone the colors down to a more A-14 worthy color...I intend to have three filter layers on it, and then check it to compare to A-14.

Then i go for to filter on the radio componements and the seat. The seat will be faded on the leather parts.
Then the magic chipping will occure and dirty the cockpit floor a bit  Grin

Photo's will be posted as soon as i am ready with the filter  Smiley

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2013, 06:11:20 AM »

Hi Remco,
what filter do you use?
I tried some based on turpentine + artistic oil paints. But something went wrong as it was dry after maybe 2 weeks, or even longer  Angry
Now I use only a very very diluted enamel paints and Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color - black, brown and grey. And by mixing them I can get anything betwen light grey through brownish dark grey and very dark grey/brown to black.
Good luck with your Mig-3.

66misos

B_Realistic

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2013, 08:42:35 AM »

Hi Remco,
what filter do you use?
I tried some based on turpentine + artistic oil paints. But something went wrong as it was dry after maybe 2 weeks, or even longer  Angry
Now I use only a very very diluted enamel paints and Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color - black, brown and grey. And by mixing them I can get anything betwen light grey through brownish dark grey and very dark grey/brown to black.
Good luck with your Mig-3.

66misos

The problem is with the turpentine. When it's too old you need to replace it. Just use white spirit instead. It's better.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »

hi all,
How is this Tamiya? Is it a thinned acrilic trasparent color, or what else?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »

Hi Massimo,
those Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color - black, brown and grey are not acrylics. It is something synthetic. If necessary, I thin it with the same thinner (generic oil-synthetic thinner, local product, nothing specific for modellers, e.g. it is a big amount for minimum money Smiley) as I use sometimes to thin Humbrol and Revell enamels and mainly for airbrush cleaning after using enamels.

You can use it directly from bottle, it looks like a thinner in which you clean brush. And it works very well in all kinds of the recessed lines and other details. I thin it only when color is too strong for a particular purpose.
Examples: engine - not thinned black/brown mixture, upper wings - thinned black/brown/grey mixture, under wings - thinned grey/brown mixture, etc.

66misos

4bogreen

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »

Hey guys  Cheesy

66misos,
I think the combination of turpentine and oil paint is what makes it greasy. I use MiG modeling turpentine for washes. Now in combination with Humbrol 87, i hope to make the base color a bit darker.

Its better if you use more known brands in the modeling world, like MiG, Humbrol, Testors enz.
This especially counts for oil paints like Rembrands, Van Gogh and my new personal favorite Abteilung 502. These Abteilung paints are first class. The drying time on these oil paints is reduced by 50% if you use lighter fluids like Zippo, instead of turpentine, then the drying time is even more reduced  Cheesy.

MiG also makes good and ready to go washes and filters. I have a lot of these and use them with great ease. On the back armorplate i also Will use a MiG filter. The one for light green vehicles.

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »

Hi Misos, hi all,
from what you write, it looks comparable with the mix that I'm already using. Maybe I'll buy it for a test, to see if its smell is better of worse. Do you know how it reacts on enamels?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »

Hi Massimo,
as I thin it with the same thinner as enamels, I would expect some "negative" reaction. That is why I rather apply some acrylic coat on the enamels before applying Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color or I work very carefully directly on enamels. It will be too late when seeing some (possible) enamel paint damage on the kit but I am too lazy to experiment with it.

Regards,
     66misos

4bogreen

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »

Small question here; The air system tubes are black... Is the airbottle for the airsystem black? I know that the oxygen bottle is blue. I painted the air system bottle black, then i saw some people painted it blue, and i also painted it blue. Now i read that the airsystem tubes painted black, so assume that the airbottle also must be black  Huh

Anny ideas?

On the bench,
4bogreen

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »

Hey guys  Cheesy

It was long, but progress is made!  Grin

I weathered the grey with a filter made from Humbrol 87 and Mig thinner for washes (1 paint and 9 thinner). It has 6 layers on it. The wood part i weathered with AK dark brown wash. 1 layer has bin added.

Cockpit received the same  grey filter as above.

Okay, the hard part here... I used Mig filter for light green vehicles on here, drybrushed the leather and finished with a brown wash to recapture the seems. I had difficulty with making the leather not to worn. This MiG looks not new, but its not a war veteran ether... I sometimes must contain the ''tankbuilder'' in me, because its simply no armor project  Grin

The radio stuff and plank had also grey filters and the radio equipment received a lighter filter with WEM Baltic sea ship color. This had a blueish glow over it and tried to come closer to the Eduard PE radio front. Its strange because i also have La-5 PE from Eduard and here is the (same) radio front darker, more to A-14 steel grey... Huh

Hope you like it  Wink

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
learstang

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »

Very good work on the interior, Remco!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »

Hi 4bogreen,
very nice. I have not patience to pay so much attention to interior. I always admire such work. I am curious for the final result.

66misos

B_Realistic

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »

@Remco
Some good results. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: